Product Manager (German/English Fluent)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Product Manager (German/English Fluent)
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team in Frankfurt.
The Vice President (VP) Product Manager for the Templeton Global Macro strategies will work as a liaison between investment management, distribution and our other internal business partners. In this capacity, the Product Manager is expected to serve as a product expert and product champion for the Templeton Global Macro strategies. This particular role will emphasize content development as well as working with internal parties to ensure representation of the Global Macro strategies is accurate and compelling, as well as serving as an external proxy for the portfolio managers, representing the strategies to clients. This position will promote and competitively position the Templeton Global Macro strategies through active involvement in distribution initiatives along with institutional and retail client service efforts, and support existing client relationships. The Product Management group is responsible for providing leadership in ensuring that the firm's investment products are positioned at the highest levels of investment market standards, and that this is effectively communicated internally and externally. The day-to-day role of a product manager is a fluid one, with the immediate needs of the product generally dictating what must be the required focus. The Product Manager works with senior sales professionals to promote the assigned asset class and with senior investment management to better understand and explain the assigned investment strategy.
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert (SME) of the investment-related aspects of Templeton Global Macro investment strategies and products to sales, client service, consultant relations, marketing, other business partners and external clients, with a particular focus and expertise in the institutional space, acting as internal and external proxy for portfolio management representing their investment strategies.
- Promote the gathering and retention of assets under management by providing clients, prospects, and internal partners with ongoing insights about the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific products.
- Effectively answer client servicing questions, articulate investment team views and respond to performance inquiries and other investment-related issues on Templeton Global Macro strategies.
- Educate internal audiences on investment strategies and products. Articulate investment philosophy, process, and performance and cross-platform storytelling to various external (potential and existing clients, consultants and third parties) and internal (sales, client service, marketing, and consultant relations) audiences.
- Identify and assess new product and business opportunities (customized separate accounts, sub-advised products and new funds).
- 8-10+ years product management or other pertinent industry experience, preferably with a focus on investment management, investment consulting or buy-side experience.
- Experience in Global Fixed Income asset class.
- Excellent verbal and written German and English communication skills.
- Possess a high energy level and drive to succeed coupled with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Display a high degree of independence and ability to work remotely from the Global Product team.
- Ability to translate complex portfolio data (such as performance attribution reports) into useable information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution channels, investment vehicles and pricing structures a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively communicate with senior professionals.
- Knowledge of markets, products & techniques.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- CFA or MBA preferred.
Please apply for this position through our website ( www.franklintempleton.de ) together with a detailed CV in English, references, earliest start date and your salary expectation.