Private Equity Data Analyst / Data Scientist (Frankfurt or Stockholm)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Oct 18
Indigo Headhunters searches exclusively for a leading international mid cap private equity investor
Private Equity Data Analyst / Data Scientist
Frankfurt or Stockholm, full time
Our client is a leading international private equity organization that invests predominantly in medium sized businesses across DACH, Scandinavia, Benelux, Italy, France and Spain. Since inception, the firm has raised significant assets across multiple funds, with investments concentrated in the industrials, business services, consumer goods and healthcare sectors.
The Portfolio Monitoring/Operations Team
Apart from a world-class investment team, the firm has created a separate entity responsible for handling the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies. In fact, it is this Portfolio Monitoring/Operations team that sits at the critical juncture between the investment professionals, investor relations, and the respective portfolio companies. It is their responsibility to ensure that strategy and change management are adequately captured, reported, and assessed. Further, this team provides the investment committee with an independent view on portfolio companies’ financial performance and value creation activities. They also prepare portfolio company valuations and support investor reporting and fundraising.
The Private Equity Data Analyst/Data Scientist position is newly created, thus allowing the successful candidate to shape the scope of the role and generate immediate impact.
To date, the Portfolio Monitoring/Operations team is comprised of eight professionals, of which three are based in Stockholm and five in Frankfurt. On a day-to-day basis, this existing team is tasked with holding constant contact with the portfolio companies’ leadership and ensuring that all reporting requirements are met in a timely and adequate manner.
The new Data Analyst/Scientist will add an additional dimension to the team’s scope. Indeed, it is the goal to hire a highly skilled, analytical professional who is able to take vast amounts of data and create forward-looking, actionable, analytically-based insights. These insights, in turn, have the potential to shape the future profitability of the respective portfolio companies. As such, this is a role in which the Data Analyst/Scientist can have significant, measurable impact on a company in the fund’s portfolio.
It must be stated clearly, however, that this is not a Quant role as found in the Capital Markets space. This is a position that requires the skillset of a highly trained Quant along with business acumen and a commercial mindset tailored to privately held companies and the strategic challenges they face.
Upon starting the position, the Data Analyst/Scientist will initially prioritize the implementation of the new reporting and analytics software (selection currently ongoing), working together with the IT organization, while getting familiar with the company’s data environment and analytics ambitions.
Once the new software implementation is achieved, the role will focus on developing complex scenarios around the portfolio (both existing and target companies) as well as creating compelling self-service reporting and analysis.
Focusing on developing new performance and valuation analytics within the firm, the Data Analyst will use both internal (from the portfolio companies) and external (economy and sector specific) data. He or she will also develop a compelling reporting mobile app for the company’s Executives.
- Excellent academic records (top performer)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or economics
- 5-7 years of work experience
- Proven track record of successful project management & significant contribution to data analytics projects
- Experience working with privately held companies and their data
- Knowledge and working experience with ERPs/CRM (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics, SFDC) analytics tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick) and databases (MS SQL preferred)
- Working experience with Anaplan and iLevel a plus
- Very high analytical capacity
- Good communicator, capable to explain and present analysis to non-quant people, both verbally and through compelling visuals
- Accurate and driven to deliver with high quality
- Factual and objective with proven judgement – critical when needed
- Self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- Self-confident but still low key and humble (no ego)
- Ambitious to contribute actively to a small team
- Fluent in English
Please send your complete application documents in electronic form to Indigo Headhunters, Britta Bene, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org.