Partner or Director, Consumer Focused European Mid Market Growth Fund, Frankfurt or Munich, Germany
Our client is a dedicated investor in the consumer sector, across European markets and has built a strong record in over 10 years together. The current fund size is ₠300m. The firm's approach is rooted in seeking growth or transformation opportunities in partnership with highly incentivised managers to deliver exceptional value creation.
The team are already active in Germany but are looking to increase their share of this important consumer market by bringing an experienced local investor into their team to represent them on the ground, networking with owners and advisers to generate dealflow and leading the execution process as well as representing the firm actively in portfolio company boards.
Exact location may depend on the individual, though there is a requirement for frequent travel across Germany and on a regular basis to the main office in Brussels. The position may be at Partner or Director level, depending on experience RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Networking and sourcing of relevant dealflow - a lead role representing the firm in the DACH region
- Detailed commercial and financial assessment - from structuring to diligence and the internal investment committee process
- Hands-on portfolio management work - active value creation through to exit.
- Strong commercial instincts; the ability to spot a winning deal and bring it to life
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a natural originator and networker; high emotional intelligence; building trust and commitment
- A native German speaker with fluent English and ideally some other European languages as well
- Proven execution skills, ideally with existing experience in private equity / family office investing, preferably with some consumer experience
- Capable of working both independently and in close team dynamics
- High influencing skills and the ability to deliver significant added value during the ownership period