- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
Please view Job Description for details.
The Outsourcing Officer is responsible for supporting the activities related to outsourcing oversight and governance for Germany, with the purpose of:
- Perform monitoring, control, and supervision of SCB AG's outsourced activities, including those performed by intra-group (affiliate) service providers.
- Implement the Group Third Party Risk Management ("TPRM") Framework and any relevant Country requirements in Germany.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement governance and oversight processes.
- Embed local regulatory requirements in to the TPRM framework in Country.
- Establish and implement methods for assessing standards of outsourcing provider performance.
- Coordinate and supervise the risk assessment activity by Outsourcing Owners in the business.
- Review and approve new proposed outsourcing arrangements upon completion of TPRM requirements.
- Facilitate approval by or notification to relevant governance bodies of new proposed and materially changed outsourcing arrangements.
- Provide second line of defence oversight of third party risks, validating and/or escalating, as appropriate, third party risks in alignment with the TPRM framework and the Board-approved risk appetite.
- Ensure the respective contract owners are monitoring, reviewing and mitigating risks associated with third parties in accordance with the TPRM framework.
- Ensure that all third party relationships are captured in a centralised inventory in a timely manner.
- Ensure and assess compliance to TPRM framework and adherence to related policies.
- Support the development and implementation of local TPRM Policies and Procedures in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor regulatory changes impacting outsourcing risk and ensure TPRM framework and related policies are aligned to regulatory requirements
- Escalate any issues to local and Group risk committees as necessary
- Develop, publish and present reports of third party risk oversight activities to key stakeholders and relevant risk committees.
- Support internal/external audit and associated regulatory audit as directed.
- Identify issues and root cause including oversight/facilitations of third party risk mitigation actions.
- Work closely with Regional TPRM Governance team to ensure consistency in approach and alignment of regional processes.
- Partner with stakeholders (including but not limited to Outsourcing Owners, Contract Managers, Information Security Officers, SCM Category Managers, Business Continuity Managers, etc) to effectively coordinate and execute third party risk management controls.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in third party risk management
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with tight lead times
- Ability to think strategically
- Good understanding of emerging outsourcing risks
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team in formulating and maintaining local TPRM strategy
- Ability to operate in a complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders
- Change management skills and self awareness to adopt varying approaches for different stakeholder dynamics.
- Mental tenacity and analytical mind having the ability to take on tough and complex challenges, yet remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements a plus
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.