Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team! Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,700 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. We are looking for an Operational Risk Manager (m/f) at the next possible date. Take your chance and join our Team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt!
Operational Risk Manager (m/f)
As Operational Risk Manager you ensure the continuous functioning of the Operational risk framework, including any changes in its composition and facilitate strong local risk governance over operational risks. Thus, you ensure appropriate operational risk governance, - culture and –assessment, as well as the risk control performance and reporting at SG in Frankfurt. In addition, you act as a local correspondent to the Regulatory Oversight Cyber Security (ROCS) team in Paris and help them by coordinating the rollout of specific initiatives in the entity. Moreover, you will be responsible to escalate any local risks to ROCS EMEA and COO office.
Your Main Responsibilities:
• Lead the analysis and identification, escalation and remediation of local operational risks and coordinate it with ROCS EMEA
• Provide day to day support on processes and tools regarding operational risk monitoring / control to local teams and facilitate the rollout of new ROCS initiatives and tools locally
• Review and ensure process consistency / relevance within the scope of the Permanent Supervision. Advice senior management on the implementation of new controls based on requirements / needs and assess effectiveness of implemented controls through spot checks.
• Coordinate the cascading of all global messages concerning regulatory or risk related matters to all targeted staff in the location
• Take over specific Data & Cyber Security tasks, e.g. regarding data leakage investigation & reporting, access right management and handling of security exceptions
• Within the realm of Risk Management Framework you will be in charge of specific tasks such as timely follow up of all Audit recommendations, tracking of actions undertaken against operational losses or checking New Product Committee conditions
• Design and implement business continuity plans & coordinate tests to meet critical business requirements.
Experience & Technical Skills
• Very good Master or Diploma degree, ideally in Business Administration, or Finance
• Several years of experience in the banking industry, operational risk mitigation and in coordination of teams
• Very good command of MS Office applications
• Experience in the field of Audit, Risk or Compliance is advantageous
• Fluency in both German and English (written and orally) is required; French language skills would be helpful
Personal Skills & Competencies
• Be reliable, accountable and displaying rigor and transparency
• Be able to work autonomously as well as in and with teams (also virtual teams)
• Display a strong client-focus and have the ability to communicate with all levels of Management and staff on key risks/actions and thereby remaining impartial
• Advanced communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to process large amount of data and to synthesize them
• Being able to work under pressure and show flexibility
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.