Markets, Equity Sales, Placement Analyst (intern) 2021, Frankfurt, Germany
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the trading floor, you like the fast-paced environment of the global markets with a particular interest in the stock market? You are an organizational talent and great in dealing with people? Then you are the right person to join our team.
Citi is looking for interns to join the Equity Sales Desk in Frankfurt starting from August 2021. For our clients, we do everything to support them in managing their portfolios. The daily work ranges from providing research and stock investment ideas to organizing corporate meetings and conferences. Our Sales Analyst Internship Program is a highly competitive and selective program that gives you the opportunity to actively participate in the research and marketing of securities to our institutional client base. In addition, as a sales placement analyst, you will be given the opportunity to experience the fast-paced environment of a trading floor and to gain a deep market understanding. Your time here will look something like this...
* Collect and analyze macro market and industry specific information to assist your team
* Work with your peers to complete projects and pitch trade ideas
* Build and utilize your network through work shadowing a variety of desks and asset classes across the trading floor
* Assist in preparing internal documentation and presentations for the team
* Be part of discussions with product heads across the business
* Spend time learning and building your knowledge on how to make prices, manage risk and execute trades across all asset classes. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. During the four to six months Sales Analyst Program (with any possible start date) you will be supporting the Equity Sales team in Frankfurt. You will be given responsibilities from the first day on, e.g. having direct contact with clients and providing work that is adding value for the team. Successful interns may be considered for a full time position. We want to hear from you if...
* You are in your penultimate/final year of university and pursuing a degree in any discipline
* You have a GPA of 2.1 or equivalent
* You have an interest in the markets business, especially stocks
* You have relevant past work or internship experience
* You are fluent in German & English
* Please upload your CV and cover letter indicating your preferred starting date Who we think will be a great fit...
You are interested in markets and you're determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the industry
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.