Managing Director - Germany
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Using discretion and judgment establishes and executes a territory (regional) plan and strategy. This may include leading the territory or regional team. In order to recommend relevant investment solutions manage the relevant sales and relationship management activities to new prospects and manage existing clients. Responsible for the effective distribution/marketing activity of the firm's investment management services and solutions to the relevant clients in the region (Institutions investors and wholesales; private banking, brokerage network).
1. Leads the development and implements a territory /regional plans for achieving superior results in both the sales of mutual funds and the gathering of institutional assets for separate account management. Develops this by working with the organization to create an opportunity assessment; responsible for local market expertise and intelligence.
2. Acts as the primary relationship owner in the territory/region for the more complex clients and senior individuals within this accounts. Involved in core prospecting and sales activity to both new and existing clients. Ensures that there is a tailored and suitable two way engagement process between the clients and MFS. Generates ideas and provides solutions for the clients Works with the client service team to ensure the service levels are achieved.
3. Delivers the territory plan. Work in partnership with all areas of the MFS team; Sales Desk, Client Service, Product and marketing. Travels to cover sales territory as necessary.
4. Part of the sales leadership team
5. Coaches team members to help ensure that goals are met, by providing resources, information and support. Travels with direct reports to observe selling skills, monitor performance and provide feedback.
6. Ensures all data on clients in the region/territory are recorded and correct; makes full use of the CRM systems and stores documentation so it is accessible to all.
7. Manages such that the region complies with all internal and external rules, policies and procedures. Meeting and achieving the minimum standards expected in terms for activity levels, compliance, and sales metrics and operates at the highest level.
8. Represents MFS at appropriate industry and regulatory events in the territory/region.
9. Take responsibility for continually keeping themselves up to date in terms of ; the local regulatory framework and changes and country specific items that impact the region.
10. Sets challenging goals with expectations of high performance, promoting collaboration within the team, inspiring trust, building talent, driving for results and ensuring execution.
• Strong leadership and management experience with particular strength in sales management, strategy, building effective business plans,, budgeting and performance management.
• Experience of successfully managing a regional or territory, demonstrating effective distribution/marketing activity of the firm's investment management services and solutions marketing financial products.
• Ability to work remotely and independently with a high degree of integrity. Experience of working across global matrix teams in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
• Sound understanding of asset management industry; investment processes; regulatory environment. Industry qualification desirable and holds applicable local licenses.
• Entrepreneurial mindset balanced with strong team work. Experience of working across global matrix teams in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
• Self-motivated, driven, and results oriented individual. Demonstrated consultative sales skills, opening the call, probing, offering solutions, and closing the call. Ability to build ongoing relationships with clients.
• Strong organization skills with an ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple agendas.
• Experience of working with data and CRM systems.
• Interest in personal development and growth. Ability to mentor other sales professionals
• Language skills; fluent in both the local/ regional languages and English.
• Strong organizational and planning skills are a must.