Legal Entity Controller - Top Tier Investment Bank
- €60000-€75000 + bonuses and benefits
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Genesis Banking & Finance
- 19 Mar 19
As a Legal Entity Controller, you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring for a range of the bank’s German legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their business strategies, products and associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements. My client is looking for an intelligent & motivated finance professional to join the Controllers team in Frankfurt, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of the bank’s entities’ assets and profitability in a challenging and varied environment.
As a Financial Controller (LEC) you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for a range of German legal entities;
- The monthly and quarterly reporting for these entities (under USGAAP);
- Preparation of these entities financial statements (under German GAAP);
- Dealing with technical accounting issues;
- Preparing disclosure requirements;
- Working with the external auditors;
- Dealing with ad hoc queries about your legal entities from other teams and management;
- Liaising with the global group on project work.
- Education: University degree & Master’s in Economics, Finance or Business is preferable;
- Experience in an accounting/audit environment;
- Good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB).
- Knowledge of USGAAP is an advantage.
- Attention to detail;
- Time management;
- Capable to work under tight deadlines;
- Strong computing skills;
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
Languages: German and English.
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Very competitive basic and a bonus.
- Participation in the company pension scheme.
- Health insurance.
- Great relocation package and assistance from the Bank’s support team if needed!
- The bank will sponsor you to complete a qualification such as the ACCA / CFA – if you do not already hold an accounting qualification.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join a very exciting team and work for a world-renowned bank! If you would like to hear more about the role, please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of the team will be happy to answer any questions you may have. If you know of any friends or colleagues that would be interested, please do not hesitate to point them in our direction as they are looking to fill multiple positions.