Junior Analyst (m/f) - Asset Backed Securities
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- White Horse International
- 02 Feb 18 2018-02-02
An international financial services provider with headquarters in New York and London, is currently looking for a Junior Analyst (m/f) to join the team in Frankfurt am Main.
As Junior Analyst (m/f) you will be expected to conduct credit analysis and to write reports on mainly structured finance programmes issued out of Germany and other German speaking countries, when appropriate based upon your understanding of the legal framework for the issuance as well as the underlying cover assets.
Within this position you will be responsible for in-depth quantitative credit risk analysis of the pool assets. Structured Finance Transaction consist of a portfolio of different commercial mortgage loans (CMBS), residential mortgage loans (RMBS), home equity loans, credit cards, auto loans (ABS), leveraged loans (CLO) etc.
Additionally you will consider the maturity, interest rate and/or currency mismatches between the pool assets and the bonds.
You will conduct qualitative assessments of the operational risks based on on-site reviews at the issuers. Furthermore, you will review all relevant laws and regulations, legal opinions and relevant documentation.
Finally, you will be responsible for the maintenance of up-to-date information within a dedicated database.
Due to the coverage of this position some European travel can be expected.
- Possession of a sound academic track record with a specialty in finance or statistical sciences
- First professional experience in the bond or structured finance market, in fixed income research, credit analysis or real estate finance
- Numeracy and computer proficiency is a pre-requisite, including use of MS Excel functions and application of cash flow modelling skills
- Fluency in German and English is essential