An internal auditor is required for a high growth fintech startup in Frankfurt. This is an unique opportunity to set up and run an internal audit function from scratch.
Dartmouth are partnered exclusively with a global high growth fintech business to hire their first ever Internal Auditor into the group. The company is at the forefront of investment management space utilizing data to drive decision making. Having expanded at pace for the past 3 years since inception, the business has a truly global footprint employing over 100 people across 5 continents.
A key part of this expansion is the finance team, reporting to the Group CFO the Internal Auditor will be key to setting up this business-critical function. As the company continues to expand there will be a remit to grow a full function underneath this person.
You will be the primary person responsible for:
- Develop an audit strategy and framework for the Group with particular initial emphasis on the authorised fund management activity. Agree the strategy and framework with the Group’s Audit & Risk Committee.
- Develop annual audit plans and determine internal audit scope for each audit. Agree the plans and scope with the Group’s Audit & Risk Committee, and on a day-to-day basis with the Group CFO.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including areas such as risk management, operations, finance, and compliance with applicable directives and regulations.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate risks, controls and reporting documentation, previous reports and data.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions and implementation of recommendations.
- Act as an objective source of independent feedback based on the results of audit testing in relation to matters of policy and practices in the group
- Engage in continuous personal development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Proven working experience as an Internal Auditor in a financial services business.
- Qualification in Finance, Economics, Accountancy or a similar related field.
- Specialist internal audit or accountancy qualification or professional certification.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
You will be:
- Highly articulate in person and on paper
- Strongly driven
- A high achiever with excellent attention to detail
- Of high integrity