- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS Europe SE
Internal Audit Team Leader (m/f) Investment Banking
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- lead and manage a team of experienced internal auditors, all of whom will be carrying out a mixture of audit project management and fieldwork activities as well as ongoing detailed risk assessments of our Investment Bank business
- lead audits to consistently high standards and deliver complex/difficult messages to UBS senior management, winning cooperation and support for effective issue remediation
- engage pro-actively with stakeholders, building relationships based on transparency and trust
- perform a hands-on role both by managing and participating in high profile audits, whilst also managing the productivity and development of a team of direct reports
- ensure that regulatory expectations of the ECB are being appropriately met by the Investment Bank‘s audit plan – both during the annual audit planning phase and as relevant audits are being executed – and challenge effectively and promptly if this is not the case
- coordinate professionally with colleagues across the global team of approx. 90 auditors as key to success
This role is based in Frankfurt, Germany, and would lead the audit efforts around Investment Bank activities in UBS Europe SE. You will report to the Head of Internal Audit of UBS Europe SE and to the Head of Group Internal Audit – Investment Bank, EMEA.
You’ll be working in Internal Audit of UBS Europe SE. We are an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions. We report directly to the Management Board of UBS Europe SE and are functionally aligned to Group Internal Audit (GIA).
You will work closely with the GIA team responsible for auditing the Investment Bank‘s activities across the EMEA region. We are also directly involved in other regional and global Investment Bank audits and periodically assist our colleagues in other GIA teams.
Your experience and skills
- a university degree
- extensive experience in audit, compliance, internal risk management or similar areas in the financial industry with a background in the investment banking sector
- strong analytical skills and detailed knowledge of the investment banking industry and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
- a detailed understanding of banking operations and regulations as well as quantitative approach to problem solving
- excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization, both verbally and in writing
- the ability to multi-task effectively and deliver multiple complex assignments to time and budget
- the ability to deliver consistently high quality written output including contribution to risk assessments, governance reports and audit reports and issue documents
- a proven and committed leader with a track record of coaching and inspiring more junior team members to achieve their potential
- experienced in working collaboratively across a wider global team
- risk focused and able to manage your own and team deliverables on time and to a high standard
- a flexible and committed team player willing to travel to other UBS locations in Europe for audit assignments
- curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment
- fluent in English and German; further European language skills, e.g. French, Italian or Spanish, are an asset
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That‘s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world. We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department.
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance. Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We‘re open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. (Job Reference: 178446BR).