Institutional Sales Director (Germany)
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
You will be expected to drive and create institutional business opportunities for us.
You will contribute significantly to the growth and diversification of the institutional sales plan, focusing primarily on corporates, pension funds, Versorgungswerke, endowments and regional consultants.
You will be part of the German Distribution team, reporting into the Country Head of Germany, based in Frankfurt and the Head of the Institutional Business, EMEA based in London. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time...
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have...
- Active selling of the Columbia Threadneedle's investment management product suite to institutional client segment (corporates, pension funds, Versorgungswerke, endowments and regional consultants) Final responsibilities will be discussed with the Country Head of Germany depending on the candidate's profile.
- Responsible for growing institutional AUMs in segregated mandates, solutions and our competitive SICAV offering together with the team.
- Coverage of local consultants and coordination with global the EMEA consultant team in London.
- Delivering against agreed gross and net sales targets as confirmed by management.
- Maintaining and cultivating existing client relationships, planning regular contacts and updates and working with the relevant internal teams to deliver excellent client service
- Developing and leading client presentations.
- Promote and enhance Columbia Threadneedle's profile through participation in industry conferences
- Developing and maintaining ongoing distribution support and material for clients, their advisors, consultants and other marketing collateral;
- Participating in marketing activities of the firm to ensure that they focus on addressing the requirements of the German market
- Working closely with EMEA Client Services team and other internal teams to ensure seamless execution of the client take on and maintenance processes and execution of client due diligence;
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great...
- Proven track record of covering and successfully selling institutional accounts with superior sales skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of long-term investment products across all asset classes.
- Experience with KVGs and full understanding of the German Spezialfondsformat is essential.
- Knowledge of the relevant German and European regulatory limitations / requirements for pension schemes and endowments.
- Strong, Experienced, self-motivated, highly energetic individual with sharp intellect and strong business acumen.
- Proven ability to engage successfully with clients at different levels to retain assets, market and sell in the broadest sense i.e. articulating retention points or investment ideas, client segmentation, identification of the appropriate strategy per client type and preparation and implementation of a sales plan.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes across multiple client levels and in RFP's.
- Results-driven mindset, action-oriented way of working, understanding skills of working in a global firm with a matrix environment whilst being a collaborative team player.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Further professional qualification like CFA, CIIA or MBA would be beneficial.