A leading European Investment Firm, is seeking to hire one analyst to join the team. The Firm’s investment strategy focuses on large minority as well as majority investments in publicly listed companies as well as private equity transactions or investments into any form of securities. The investment culture combines value investing with active value creation. After a deep, fundamental analysis, the Fund invests with a time horizon of 3 to 7 years and actively promotes value creation. The Fund is ranked amongst the top European Investment Firms based on a 3 and 5 year performance.
- The analyst will initially work closely with and support the more senior team members on various tasks ranging from sourcing to due diligence and eventual value creation. Key tasks include:
- Comprehensive market and company analysis of a wide range of investment opportunities
- Detailed analysis and financial modelling of potential investment cases and deep commercial due diligence (combining desktop research and work with external advisors)
- Development of first investment recommendations and presenting them to the wider team
- Involvement in the creation and implementation of value improvement programs for potential investments and portfolio companies
- Monitoring of existing positions
- 2-5 years in M&A, private equity, equity research (buy- or sell-side) or strategy consulting with market leading firms
- Degree level from a top-tier university
- Strong technical skills (analysis, modelling, financial accounting, process management)
- Attention to detail and a hands-on mentality
- Mature and highly ambitious mind-set with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Real interest in becoming an investor and sense of ownership as part of a team
- Confident, with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and German. Additional languages are a benefit.