Graduate in Rates & Credit Research (m/f/diverse)
During our 12-month trainee programme in Frankfurt, you will develop all the skills and tools necessary to become an integral part of Commerzbank's highly regarded fixed income research franchise. Our trainee programme is aimed at university graduates who will complete their studies within the next six months. As part of the trainee programme, you will spend a month in our London office attending product-related and technical seminars. A diverse mix of technical training, workshops, e-learning modules and case studies will provide you with extensive expertise in the various areas of global financial markets.
Within Commerzbank's Corporate Banking Research division, Rates & Credit Research is responsible for producing thematic research that identifies bond market themes and trends, which allow our clients to stay'ahead of the curve'.
The division comprises the Interest Rate Strategy, Corporates and Financials & Covered Bond Research teams. We aim to break up the traditional silos and our combined bottom-up and top-down approach produces strategic and relative value trade ideas within and across the key segments of the fixed income market, building on a thorough analysis of macro and credit metrics, supply, bond specific covenants, as well as regulatory trends and constraints. In addition to our publications (daily, weekly, ad hoc), we market our views and trade ideas in client meetings, conferences, conference calls and through the various media channels.
We are looking to strengthen our Rates & Credit team in Frankfurt am Main. Profile
- Outstanding academic credentials, preferably with a background in Finance, Economics or Engineering; pursuit of CFA advantageous
- Strong analytical and at the same time commercial mind-set, paired with excellent writing and presentation skills in both English and German
- Highly committed self-starter, able to maintain high quality output under pressure
- Solid hands-on knowledge base across Financial Modelling, Applied Econometrics, Bond Maths, Option-Pricing Theory as well as Economics and Accounting
- Skilled Power Point and Word user with expert skills in Excel (incl. VBA). Initial experience in Research or other Front Office roles a clear advantage
- This position will be remunerated with a non-tariff salary on successful completion of the graduate year.
- Company pension plan
- Capital-forming benefits
- Employee conditions
- Flexible work
- Health and fitness services
- Personnel development
- Work internationally
- from 53,300 €/year
- 30 days holiday
Commerzbank is, with its approximately 49.000 employees, a leading international commercial bank with branches and offices in almost 50 countries. With the two business segments Private and Small-Business Customers, as well as Corporate Clients, the Bank offers a comprehensive portfolio of financial services to its clients. We offer a diverse, inspiring work environment and excellent career opportunities within a first class team. Work life balance has high priority for us and of course we know the importance of an attractive salary for a good job. Contact
Are you ready to start full-time or part-time with a strong team? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Christoph Rieger at +49 69 136 87664 or Frederik Schmecher, at +49 69 136 41791. Erster Arbeitstag