Fund Accoutant - US PE Firm (Frankfurt)
- 55,000 - 65,000
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Interim
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
Arkesden's Finance & Accountancy team have been mandated by a close US PE group that we have worked with for some time. We are working with the Head of HR in New York and the Head of Fund Accountancy on the ground in Germany to find a Fund Accountant. The correct candidate will come from a Big 4 accountancy firm. This role is based Frankfurt.
Our client is a leading independent alternative investment manager with currently US$10 billion+ in assets under management in private equity and real estate. Their core objective is to develop and deliver solutions in private equity and real estate that meet client specific investment requirements.
In both asset classes, the company seeks to leverage its global network, investment experience and the business relationships of our local teams on the ground. With professional teams based in Europe, North America and Asia.
The Analyst (2-4 years experience) position will assist the Associate / Sr. Associate with the fund accounting, financial reporting, and capital statement reporting.
- Assists in preparing accounting work papers and financial statements, including footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Records the journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expense/income, valuation adjustments and bank reconciliations.
- Assists in calculating the capital transactions, management fees and accruals.
- Assists in the allocation of portfolio and income transactions.
- Assists in preparing the partner capital accounts.
- Assists in the completion of the external audits and taxes in the US and Germany.
- At least a bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to details, proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- At least two years of relevant work experience directly at a private equity fund or funds of funds or indirectly at one of the Big Four accounting firms
- Must have a strong background in accounting and a sound understanding of accounting rules.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills in German and English
- Investran (private equity software solution) experience is a plus but strong computer skills are required.
Please get in touch to discuss further.