Fund Accountant VP + Fund Administration Associate - US PE Firm (Frankfurt, 2x Hires)
- 70,000 - 85,000
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Partners
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Arkesden's Finance & Accountancy team have been mandated by a close US PE group that we have worked with for some time. We are working with the Head of HR in New York and the Head of Fund Accountancy on the ground in Germany to find a Fund Accountant and Fund Administration Associate. The correct candidates will likely come from a Big 4 accountancy firm, or have previous PE fund accounting experience. This role is based Frankfurt.
Our client is a leading independent alternative investment manager with currently US$10 billion+ in assets under management in private equity and real estate. Their core objective is to develop and deliver solutions in private equity and real estate that meet client specific investment requirements.
In both asset classes, the company seeks to leverage its global network, investment experience and the business relationships of our local teams on the ground. With professional teams based in Europe, North America and Asia.
POSITION DESCRIPTION - FUND ACCOUNTANCY VP
The Vice President will oversee the Associate and Sr. Associate with the firm’s fund accounting, financial reporting, and capital statement reporting.
- Assists in and oversees the preparing of accounting work papers and financial statements, including footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Records the journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expense/income, valuation adjustments and bank reconciliations.
- Manages the calculation of the capital transactions, management fees and accruals.
- Assists in the allocation of portfolio and income transactions.
- Prepares the partner capital accounts.
- Assists in the completion of the external audits and taxes in the US and Germany.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least five years of relevant work experience directly at a private equity fund or funds of funds or indirectly at one of the Big Four accounting firms
- Attention to details, proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a strong background in accounting and a sound understanding of accounting rules.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills in German and English
- Investran (private equity software solution) experience is a plus but strong computer skills are required.
POSITION DESCRIPTION - FUND ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE
We have an immediate opening for a Fund Administration Associate to work as part of our Private Equity Fund Administration team. The Associate will work closely with the Fund Administration and Fund Accounting teams globally to support overall department activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare recurring monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc investor requests and reports for institutional and high net worth investors
- Assist in the development of new individual reporting solutions
- Recording and processing of current business transactions
- Manage cash for all European banking relationships
- Oversee the electronic and hard copy mailing of all reports in a time efficient manner
- Support the preparation of accounting work papers and financial statements, including footnotes and supporting schedules
- Assist in calculating the capital transactions, management fees and accruals for institutional and high net worth investors
- Assist in the completion of the external audits and taxes in Germany
- Special projects as needed
- Completed degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in a large accounting firm or commercial bank preferred
- Professional experience in reporting, preferably in the area of alternative asset classes
- Knowledge of financial accounting and accounting systems
- Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Strong team player