Moorgate Benchmarks is currently building up its index calculation capabilities. The development is an ongoing agile process in parallel with product development and operational processes. Moorgate is looking to hire as soon as possible a Fixed Income Index Analyst with the ability to support all disciplines, development, operations as well as client services.
Key Accountabilities and Scope
- Define index calculation and implementation requirements
- Monitor calcuation and publication processes. Define business requirements, functional specifications, process mapping and gap analysis
- Conduct research leveraging various sources, including prospectuses, data vendor interfaces and bulletins, internet search engines and websites to successfully validate reference data and corporate action information
- Clear daily exceptions assignment
- Challenge data vendors where inconsistencies arise to ensure high level of straight through processing
- Work with Project team to ensure implementation meets design and business requirements
- Client support
Technology and operations will be build out from Giessen near Frankfurt but needs to be able to support a truly global business. Moorgate focusses on lean processes and state of the art technology to be highly flexible in reaction to clients’ & strategic requirements.
The company needs to be seen as more innovative, more knowledgeable and more accurate than its competitors and therefore attention to detail, subject matter expertise, technology orientation and thinking outside the standard are key requirements for this position.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent, with major in mathematical, analytical or technical field strongly preferred.
- Background in index Industry
- Profound understanding of fixed income instruments such as cash bonds
- Experience with SQL beneficial
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel and the structuring of complex analyses is key
- Creative problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle and get things done
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering
- Willingness to engage with clients at all levels