Finance, Regulatory Controller, VP, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CONTROLLERS
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's capital and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether preparing financial statements, reporting and liaising with regulators or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
European Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that our European regulated entities maintain adequate capital resources to meet the firm's investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk.
The current vacancy is for an experienced professional to head the Frankfurt Reg Controllers team - a senior VP within the Regulatory Reporting Production team specialising in Capital, RWA and Leverage ratio and with involvement in regulatory liaison and ICAAP, responsible for the production of all internal and external prudential regulatory capital reporting for our German regulated entities. This is a very high profile team involved in a wide range of areas/issues and involves interaction with many other areas of the Firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS PRIMARY RESPONSIBIITIES
The successful candidate's responsibilities will be for the team that does the following:
- Preparation and presentation of regulatory returns on a monthly/quarterly basis:
- UK and German entities COREP returns
- UK and German National statistical returns
- Leverage ratio calculations and reporting
- Preparation, review and presentation of internal management information:
- Monthly/quarterly regulatory capital internal committee decks
- Capital forecast scenarios for ICAAP
- Involved in project execution and delivery of capital calculation and reporting for new entities or changes in legislative requirements.
- Calculating components of the regulatory capital position on a daily basis.
- Preparation and analysis of information used in frequent ad-hoc requests
- Business fluency in German and English
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Strong computing skills - comfortable with large data sets
- Strong communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and proactive - Ability to run with issues, get involved hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback
- Flexible - ability to prioritize effectively under pressure in a visible area
- Ability to maintain mutual support within a high energy, high profile team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.