Finance Manager - Real Estate, CIMA/Wirtschaftsprüfer qualified
- Salary circa £65,000 per annum, depending on experience plus bonus and company benefits.
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Greystar Europe Holdings Limited
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team in Frankfurt in 2018. As part of our start-up team in Germany, this role will play a critical part in setting up the Investment, Development, and Property accounting function for our German subsidiary and, as the business grows will manage a team and accounting of portfolio of assets throughout Germany and Austria.
Greystar is a market leading fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, and property management of multifamily residential properties globally. We have offices throughout the United States, Europe and Latin America and we manage approximately 410,000 rental units around the world.
The European business is rapidly growing with existing operations in the UK, The Netherlands and Germany. We provide multifamily (purpose built, large scale rental housing with onsite service and amenities), student and young professional homes. In Germany, Greystar offers similar opportunities for student, young professional and multifamily homes in key cities across Germany and Austria.
Our employees are the key to the success of our business with exceptional service at the heart of everything we do. This level of service is a result of their expertise, a solid understanding of the markets they operate in and a passion to provide outstanding experiences.
Our aim is to further expand across the UK and Europe by hiring local talent and staying true to Greystar’s core values of integrity, respect, professionalism, accountability, service and team work.
The Finance Manager is responsible for leading the local accounting team in applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyse financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing annual goals and objectives for the accounting team, establishing workflows and assigning properties and portfolios for effective and efficient completion of tasks, and implements process and procedural improvements to streamline work, increase productivity, and maintain service and quality excellence.
- Supervision of a (future) team by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training team members, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Overseeing and approving financial transactions and information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, balancing and reconciling figures, and making exceptions as necessary.
- Approving budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, mortgage payments and distributions, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Approving and authorising exceptions to bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
- Developing and implementing accounting control procedures by analysing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Acting as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by responding to requests from owners, business leaders, property managers, and others related to financial reports, statements, and established budgets.
As our ideal candidate, you will be an CIMA/Wirtschaftsprüfer qualified accountant with experience in a similar associate/senior level role within a fast-paced international business; ideally within the real estate sector. An understanding of GAAP, VAT and legal structures along with familiarity using Yardi property management software is essential. Strong excel skills are also essential to be able to effectively work with large data sets and the ability to interpret and explain complex financial data to different audiences.
You’ll possess excellent communication skills (with fluency in both English and German) along with the ability to effectively build and lead teams, maintain positive relationships and act with impact and influence across all levels. You’ll be highly organised and able to work effectively to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment with the drive and initiative to work collaboratively and on your own.
This is a great role for an experienced Finance professional looking to establish a local accounting function within a growing business in a fast paced, progressive and expanding property organisation.
Salary circa £65,000 per annum, depending on experience plus bonus and company benefits.
TO APPLY, send your CV and covering letter (In English) to Greystar Germany Careers via email@example.com, with reference GEHL-GER-003 in the subject line. Your cover letter should describe how your skills and experience meet the criteria outlined above, and include information on your notice period and salary expectations.
N.B. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, which will include verification of your employment history and right to work in Germany, as well as checks against the US Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and PEP (Politically Exposed Person) databases and a criminal history check.