Contribute to strong financial governance and control; manage allocated project work, including addressing changes to regulatory requirements and designing and implementing internal process improvements as well as the thorough production of timely and relevant financial and management reporting and KPI analysis to support the core countries in which CMC operates.
- The Finance Manager will demonstrate competent self-review and idea generation, together with problem solving skills and an ability to be sufficiently organised to ensure deadlines are met, whilst challenging existing processes and demonstrating a capacity to implement both new, and improvements to existing, processes;
- Possess an ability to manage any assigned project work in conjunction with allocated “BAU” responsibilities;
- The Finance Manager will provide senior management, both within Finance and throughout the Business, with financial information by reviewing and producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts, including variance analysis against projections and historical trends while providing insightful verbal and written commentary;
- Liaise with Office Heads in FP&A review, analysis and challenge of KPI metrics each month;
- The Finance Manager will assist in the effective commercial and operational management of the business by attending meetings with departmental senior managers on a monthly basis to discuss results and highlight key risks and opportunities;
- Aid commercial planning by assisting senior stakeholders with the preparation of annual forecasts;
- Ensure an efficient financial month-end close process, with timely and accurate preparation and posting of manual journals together with thorough review of the work produced by direct reports and the management reporting produced. Contribute to the integrity and accuracy of the entity results and projections by performing timely and detailed review;
- The Finance Manager will own and coordinate the timely and accurate production of Financial Statements for the German entity, as well as for any branches / entities with local financial reporting requirements;
- Help execute an efficient and effective year-end audit process by undertaking advance audit planning, providing timely responses to external auditors’ queries where applicable, adhering to the deliverables timetable, and maintaining a strong working relationship with the external audit staff;
- Improve the effectiveness of the Finance Team by identifying and implementing process efficiencies within allocated responsibilities and tasks;
- Ensure the effective maintenance of internal controls by remaining vigilant, professionally sceptical and independent, as well as providing the appropriate level of challenge to the business;
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification with at least 3 years post qualified financial reporting experience
- University degree 2:1 or above, preferably in an Accounting and Finance/Business/Economics related discipline, although this is not essential;
- The Finance Manager must hace exposure to preparation of financial statements under German GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ensures accuracy in own work and in the underlying data;
- Experience of managing multiple deadlines with a track record of delivering under pressure;
- Experience of managing individuals, with experience in providing coaching and support to others;
- Willing to learn, bright and inquisitive, takes personal responsibility to deliver results;
- Intermediate Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge, understanding or demonstrable interest in financial markets.
- Financial Services experience or relevant work experience;
- Exposure to preparation of financial statements under IFRS
- Experience of Oracle Financials and Hyperion Financial Management.
- CMC Markets is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.