With a presence in each of Munich, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Washington, DC, and San Diego, 57 Stars is an investment manager focused on investment opportunities in select private equity markets globally. The firm has raised and managed more than USD4.5 billion, and invests on behalf of some of the largest institutions in the world. We have a particular focus on ESG and Impact investments.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a professional with 5-10 years of private equity or financial services experience to join an established private equity firm. Based in Europe, the incumbent would be an integral part of an exciting team.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Sourcing direct investments and co-investments in small and mid-market companies across the European Union, with a focus on Germany, France, and Italy. The role may be substantially less focused on investment diligence and execution.
- Participating in the initial review of investment opportunities.
- Conducting original research on industries and other related topics.
- Supporting the firm’s business development initiatives.
The Successful Applicant Will
- Be based in Europe, preferably in Germany, France, or Italy.
- Have a strong relationship network and the proven ability to source transactions.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Have an interest in impact investing.
- Be fluent in English, as well as German, French, or Italian. Other languages would be a plus.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree, or a higher level of academic achievement with an excellent academic record.
- Be experienced in financial statement analysis and valuation techniques.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be highly organized and systematic.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and experienced in working in a matrix style management environment.
- Be a self-starter, able to work alone and to collaborate remotely with colleagues.
What We Offer
57 Stars pays a competitive salary along with an annual discretionary bonus based on firm and employee performance, and offers a benefits package.
57 Stars conducts a thorough background check that includes a review of credit, criminal, and motor vehicle history, and confirmation of education and employment history. As a Registered Investment Adviser, 57 Stars is subject to Rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding certain political contributions by and other events affecting its employees, and disclosures in relation to such contributions and events are be required from candidates during the consideration process.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only direct candidates' resumes will be accepted for this position. Recruiters and agencies are requested not to contact the job poster about your services, other services you may offer, or clients or products.
57 Stars encourages and supports a diverse workforce.