Director, Relationship Manager (Sustainable Finance)
Director, Relationship Manager (Sustainable Finance) Grade 13 (for internal purposes) Location:
London, Paris or Frankfurt The Role:
The Director will have day to day responsibility for the development of relationships with key market participants focusing on Sustainability and ESG.
Partnering with stakeholders both across SPGI, such as in Sustainable1, as well as within the analytical and commercial practices of S&P Ratings, the candidate will manage several investor and asset owning communities, facilitating engagement, informing the market around our opinions on (and product suite of) Sustainability and delivering relevant insights back into the business in a compliant manner. The Impact:
As a relationship manager, you will be accountable for the co-ordination, development and execution of an outreach strategy for a portfolio of investor (fixed income and equity) and asset owner contacts, as well as others (such as Financial Intermediaries, Advisors, Trade Associations etc.) who are driving the development of the Sustainable Finance and ESG investing market (collectively, "Stakeholders").
Stakeholder insights have the potential to inform both our commercial strategy and analytical approach, as well as help shape our strategy and execution within the developing Sustainable Finance and ESG market. The growing use of our ESG and Sustainable finance suite of products, alongside traditional credit ratings, is at the heart of our client-first mentality in helping them meet market needs. Therefore, the impact of our engagement with these stakeholders is significant. The Career Opportunity:
The candidate will have exposure to influential investors, asset owners and other stakeholders on a daily basis. After gaining experience and illustrating competency, the right candidate will identify, establish and develop relationships which are critical to SPGR's success within Sustainable Finance and ESG, and become an integral part of the Market Outreach team within the OneCommercial Group.
Further growth opportunities may include presenting your insights to S&P Global Ratings or Sustinable1 management or to small groups of our clients, typically C-suite executives. Sponsorship for professional qualifications, such as the CFA or with the Sustainability field, is also available as well as the opportunity to be at the heart of this market as it evolves and interact with various influential market participants. The Team / The Business:
The candidate will be joining a diverse, global, professional and well-regarded team within S&P Global Ratings. As a team, our culture is inclusive and flexible, with expectations of high performance and accountability. The Market Outreach team has a variety of background experience in capital markets, including top asset managers and investment banks, creating a rich base of resource and knowledge.
Once fully trained on accountabilities and expectations, you will be given a high degree of independence with ongoing support and direction from the senior management within the Market Outreach team. Requirements:
Our Hiring Manager says:
- At least 7-10 years' experience managing client relationships either in a commercial or analytical environment, preferably including experience of interacting with 'buy side' investors.
- An interest, and preferably experience, of the Sustainable Finance/ESG market and understanding of its likely future development
- Ability to work closely with the Global Head and Regional Heads of Market Outreach on strategy and market intelligence in relation to Sustainability/ESG, suggesting opportunities or highlighting insights that may be valuable from an analytical or commercial perspective
- Experience of co-ordinating activities with others, taking ownership of specific stakeholder relationships
- Organizational skills to lead, for example, private roundtables and 1-on-1 meetings, which provide a platform to engage with our Sustainability teams and actionable insights
- Ability to undertake strategic research projects on an ad hoc basis around the global investment and ratings universe, particularly in relation to Sustainability.
- Using databases such as Salesforce to systematically log all interactions, pull reports and highlight trends, generating ideas and conclusions to inform our future activity
- Bachelors as a minimum in either finance, business or similar. Other qualifications around Sustainability/ESG highly desirable.
I am looking for someone who can establish new relationships and develop these with the Sustainable Finance/ESG market with the objective of increasing the relevance of S&PGR. The person will need to work co-operatively and in a co-ordinated way with many internal stakeholders as well as be able to work independently and build relationships from scratch. Leveraging our Sustainable analytical team, in a compliant manner, to add value to stakeholders in this growing market (particularly investors and asset owners) is a critical component of this position. You will condense these engagements into actionable insights for the business as well as advocate on behalf of S&PGR to a variety of stakeholders.
The primary objectives of the role are three-fold:
- firstly, to develop understanding of the 'use cases' for Sustainability and ESG Products of market stakeholders, whilst providing insights to enhance existing, and identify new Sustainability/ESG needs;
- secondly, to maximise the effectiveness of engagement across SPGI, particularly with Investor Accounts and Asset Owners; and,
- finally, to advocate for the SPGR Product Offering (such as the ESG Evaluation) to Sustainability Stakeholders, working closely with the Sales team
A portion of your time will be spent ensuring basic elements such as logistics, scheduling and stakeholder management are consistently accurate in your investor interactions. The second part of the role is to uncover actionable, valuable insights from investors, packaging them in a digestible format to feed back into the business. The second part is not possible without a strong foundation built off the back of your initial work. It's important that the right candidate understands this balance and executes as such.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263632 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom