Director, Ambitious Growth Fund, to Lead DACH Market Entry, Various Locations, Germany
Our client is an entrepreneurial British growth fund specialised in the B2B digital sector, covering technology, software, content and services. Many of their businesses are built on SaaS, subscription, managed service or outsourcing revenue streams.
The firm typically invests up to €10 million into business over a holding period of 4-8 years, looking to add significant strategic and operational support, as well as financial backing. The founders have a long record of successfully building high growth businesses and define their four core values as Entrepreneurialism, Truth, Pace and Rigour.
The firm is now raising a larger second fund generation and seeking to expand their model into European markets. We are leading a search to identify a Director to lead their entry into the DACH market, driving marketing and networking building, deal origination and analysis, through diligence, negotiations and signing and in due course to active portfolio management. The new Director will have the opportunity to build a team around themselves and play a key role in the future of the wider group.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to actively help build a company and establish presence in a new market. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong focus on networking, profile raising / driving the brand as a new market entrant, and from these initiatives leading deal sourcing & origination
- Responsibility for the full deal cycle through diligence, structuring, negotiations and closing
- Active engagement in the strategic development and value creation of portfolio companies
- Continual acquisition of expert knowledge that will help drive investment strategy and innovative thinking
- Over time building and leading a local team
- You have an excellent academic background
- Previous professional experience ideally gained at a Big 4 firm (transaction services / audit) plus boutique M&A. The key is deep exposure to small cap deal management.
- Wider experience in banking / consulting or small cap investing may also be relevant
- Native level German and excellent English
- Natural networker, highly ambitious, commercially driven and hands-on attitude. This is an ambitious market entry opportunity and needs a driven entrepreneur to bring it to life!