Our client is the leading international transportation finance bank based in Frankfurt am Main is currently looking for several "Credit Quality Assurance Reviewer (m/w/d)". Fluent German is a key requirement
- Undertake independent testing the loan portfolio (performing, intensified monitoring and problem loans) for shipping finance. The testing will include (but not be limited to) assessing:
- Compliance with key credit policies and procedures.
- The rationale and inputs into the credit rating models (covering OFR and IRM).
- Credit monitoring controls (e.g. periodic credit reviews, covenant monitoring).
- Problem debt identification, management and reporting.
- Validating provision quantification and rationale.
- Consistency of the use and application of policies and rules across borrowers and locations
- Loan data tape analyses including data integrity verification
- Accurately detailing test conclusions with supporting evidence and rationale
- Liaising with relevant staff and stakeholders (Credit, Research, Relationship Managers, Solution Managers & Group Risk Management) to discuss and conclude on findings
- Assist in the preparation of clear and concise CQA reports, both at portfolio and finance project level, for the attention of our client‘s Board of Managing Directors
- Develop case specific amortization and liquidation proposals for the optimization of economic results
- Verify collateral valuations considering age and condition of vessels as well as market liquidity
- Cross check credit reporting with loan documentation
- Appropriate and relevant degree or equivalent professional experience (e.g. business administration, finance, risk)
- Good understanding and knowledge of credit risk, distressed debt, impairment processes (including regulatory requirements EBA/ECB/BaFin/ Basel/IFRS9)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in credit decision processes and exercise of active credit decisions
- Seasoned experience in active credit portfolio management
- Sufficient seniority and gravitas to allow successful participation in controversial negotiations and discussions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Well organised and ability to work within tight timescales.
- Willingness to travel to other offices (Amsterdam, London, Singapore)