Corporate Communications Associate - "DACH" region
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Corporate Communications Associate – Germany and Switzerland (“DACH” region)
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. Investment centers in 25 cities (including New York, London, San Francisco, Tokyo, and Hong Kong) facilitate access to major capital markets. Likewise, account managers in over 70 cities across 34 countries across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa deliver global expertise to our diverse client base.
Founded in New York in 1988, BlackRock has grown from a start-up to a market leader by attracting clients and employees, and by acquiring several other asset management companies. Today, BlackRock is a global firm that combines the benefits of worldwide reach with local service and relationships. Throughout this evolution, BlackRock has maintained its focus on managing assets on behalf of its clients, as well as providing risk management and advisory services. Clients include corporate, public and multi-employer pension plans, governments, insurance companies, official institutions, endowments, foundations, charities, corporations, banks, sovereign wealth funds, mutual funds, and individual savers around the world. Approximately two thirds of the assets BlackRock manages on behalf of clients relate to retirement.
Corporate Communications drives BlackRock’s communication strategy overseeing the firm's media relations, issues management, executive communications and internal communications programs. The EMEA Corporate Communications team works to promote and protect two of the firm’s most important assets: its reputation and its culture. The team executes a communications strategy to help drive the business in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for BlackRock, focusing on the firm's key themes in support of the corporate, retail, institutional and iShares businesses.
The candidate will support BlackRock's Corporate Communications efforts in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Eastern Europe, which are key growth markets in the fast growing EMEA region. The role is critical to help shape and enhance the firm's message and brand locally. The candidate will work closely with the communications leads for these markets and be a member of the EMEA Corporate Communications team. The role is based in the Frankfurt office and reports into the Head of Corporate Communications for Continental Europe.
The primary focus of this role is to support media relations activities in the DACH region that build greater knowledge and recognition of the firm's brand and the retail, institutional and iShares business. It will include working on pan-regional/global projects to support the firm’s key business themes.
The candidate will keep abreast of industry trends and news, analyse press opportunities, determines if it is in BlackRock's best interest to participate, gather and check facts, set up and sit in on interviews, provide access to key spokespeople for reporters and help position BlackRock as an industry thought leader in the media.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Build and/or maintain strong working relationships with news media (print/broadcast/web) including business/financial media, trade and national outlets.
- Arrange and facilitate media interviews with trained spokespeople across the firm, ensuring the topic is defined and the spokesperson is briefed in advance with the relevant key messages.
- Help coordinate the planning and implementation of media events, roundtables, press conferences and educational seminars.
- Help manage the handling of media enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate the distribution of a full range of written materials including press releases, by-lined articles and reports relating to the business, tailoring as appropriate according to individual country nuances relating to brand, product and capability.
- Help manage the day to activity of the PR agency for the region
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock's institutional, retail and iShares businesses, sales and marketing teams. Develop a deep knowledge of BlackRock and iShares services and products.
- Work closely with communications team members in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Milan, New York and other locations.
Qualifications + Skills
- The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ solid experience in corporate or agency Corporate Communications, with a strong and demonstrable background in financial services PR working across multiple markets and/or channels.
- Knowledge of local German and Swiss media is essential, excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing ability a must.
- Fluent German and English required, as well as proficiency in French.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment, flexible when strategy and plans change, able to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining schedules.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and capable of engaging in high level dialogue with senior executives. Able to build strong relationships with the business and within the global communications team.
- Knowledge and comfort of social media would be ideal.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.