Client Manager Securities Finance (m/f/d), Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for With immediate effect we are looking for a front-office Client Manager who can support our Global Markets team in Frankfurt.
State Street's Securities Finance (SF) division is functionally organized into three main areas (Business Development, Client Management and Trading) in addition to many support and management functions that span the three SF products: Agency Lending (AL), Enhanced Custody (EC) and Alternative Financing Solutions (AFS). These products allow State Street clients to generate income, facilitate short sales or generate financing through the lending and borrowing of securities. The AL product is a long-established business and State Street is considered an industry leader in the AL space. The EC and AFS products are more recently established and are among the fastest growing products at State Street.
As a Client Manager, you must be able to learn the SF products in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with senior SF Client Managers that service our institutional investor clients as well as different teams on the trading floor including trading, risk, operations, reporting, and product development. In this front-office position, you are expected to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment in order to support time-sensitive client deliverables and division sales effort. You will have the opportunity to work with Continental European clients.
Why this role is important to us The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for As Client Manager you will be
- Actively supporting senior client managers in servicing clients and identifying upsell opportunities, participate in internal and external meetings, assist with reviewing of performance drivers, program parameters, etc.
- Preparing presentations, revenue estimates, ad-hoc reports, and benchmarking data for clients; researching and discussing factors impacting clients' lending performance
- Championing relationship for designated/assigned clients regardless of size, client engagement, etc.
- Overseeing process to update clients' program parameters on systems and assist in reviewing correct client lending profiles
- Maintaining call reports and meetings in Sales Force 360
- Liaising with the business development team in the handover of newly onboarded clients
- Working with Global Services and other State Street divisions to address any operational issues or identify potential upsell/cross-sell opportunities
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize a workload
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, CFA preferred
- Several years of securities lending, custody banking and/or accounting experience
- Sales and/or Client Management experience needed
- Knowledge of financial markets, custody banking and preferably the securities lending industry
- Strong Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of MCH or DML preferred
- English fluency is required, additional foreign language skills are beneficial
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Free German and English language classes
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers