- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18
Associate Managing Director
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyApplication Deadline: 4th April 2018
The opportunity is for an Associate Managing Director to take on full management responsibility for a rating team which manages a portfolio of high profile investment grade and leveraged finance credits predominantly in cyclical sectors in Europe.
You will be responsible for managing a team of analysts. The team's focus is to provide insightful credit analysis while managing strong deal flow to tight timescales, ensuring high rating accuracy and responding to investor queries. This will require developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the European investment grade and leveraged finance market.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the team achieves the above objectives, for which you will also interact with investors, issuers and other intermediaries. You will also contribute heavily to thought-leading research, and be a key Moody's spokesperson for Moody's Corporate Finance Group at conferences, with media and also the broad finance community. You will play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team, and in developing Moody's franchise in the capital markets.
This is a very visible role in a strongly growing market. You will need to be decisive, pragmatic, strategic and garner extensive internal and external credibility. The role has full management authority for decisions impacting the team.
- Manage credit analysis of the assigned industry portfolio, including addressing credit issues in a timely and consistent manner. Manage the ratings process by chairing rating committees . Ensure that policies and procedures and best practices are applied
- Develop and implement research and outreach plan with team; oversee execution and quality. Monitor changes in research environment and drive new ideas and initiatives. Lead outreach efforts and participate in meetings with issuers, intermediaries and investors.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned region and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management at some of the world's largest corporates
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary marketing and visibility initiatives (e.g. conference participation or relationship building with domestic industry organizations)
- Be involved in hiring team members, working closely with HR to ensure an efficient process
- Manage a team of Analysts and partner closely with HR
- Harmonize analytical approaches & implement new policies & procedures where necessary in close cooperation with Managing Director
- Implement / ensure compliance /regulatory policy issues as directed by MD and compliance department
- Manage regular outreach events such as investor briefings, conference participations and telephone conferences
- Provide mentoring and coaching for best practice for internal and external meetings
- Undertake and coordinate ad hoc projects as directed by MD
- Proactively drive process improvements and bring to attention of the MD including proposals
The Department / Team:
The EMEA Corporate Finance team provides ratings on corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Europe, predominantly in cyclical sectors, such as manufacturing/engineering, building materials, auto suppliers, pulp and paper manufacturers, and construction companies.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience in both, leveraged finance and investment grade, gained from a financial institution, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent.
- Experienced team leader with the ability to efficiently manage and motivate a team of strong and experienced analysts
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members at various levels
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytic and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Strong intellect and levels of curiosity, with a high tolerance for complexity and track record in idea generation
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody's brand effectively
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
- Extensive understanding of European financial institutions and debt capital markets
- Ability to ensure ongoing self development
- Fluent in English and German is essential
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.