Associate, Corporate Ratings
Associate - EMEA Retail, Media & Leisure (Frankfurt or Paris) Grade 11
(for internal Purposes) The Role
The EMEA Retail, Media & Leisure team has an Associate opening in Frankfurt or Paris. You will primarily:
- Manage and maintain rating surveillance on a portfolio of up to 14 credits, primarily in two of these 3 industries
- Lead new transactions and issuer rating analysis
- Actively participate in publishing and investor outreach activities
- Lead meetings, interact with senior management, maintain strong issuer relationships, and deliver high levels of service excellence with all stakeholders
- Be an analytical role model for colleagues and junior analysts and contribute to a culture of coaching and feedback
- Contribute to problem solving and process improvement and innovation, helping to enhance processes and procedures
At S&P Global Ratings your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to pursue analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning. In addition, we foster an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation, and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established methodologies, policies and procedures. The Team / The Business
You will report to the Analytical Manager of the team and be working closely with the team's Lead Analysts. As important as the pure professional background is the personal and cultural fit. Our culture can be described as in favour of social diversity and collegial. As a firm, we work supporting each other to deliver the best solutions to clients. Required Qualifications/Competencies
- Bachelor's degree holder of Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Corporate credit analysis experience of at least 3-4 years within a rating agency, commercial or investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company (big 4).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential and knowledge of either German or French would be very appreciated.
- Any knowledge of the Retail, Media and Leisure industries would be a plus.
- Solid analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts, including strong financial modelling and excel skills.
- Understanding of and experience with legal transaction and debt documentation.
- Proficiency with calculations and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with strict and tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing, interpreting, and synthesizing data for analytical purposes.
- Team player with excellent time management skills.
- Diligent and intellectually curious, self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Adaptability and ability to accept and learn from feedback.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263256 Posted On: