- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst (Structured Finance Group - Covered Bonds) - Frankfurt (German Speaker)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyWe are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to work within the SFG Ratings and Research Support team (RRS). This role is ideal for candidates who are interested in credit analysis and gaining broad exposure to the securitisation sector.
The role will provide quantitative and analytical support to the Rating and Research (R&R) team covering Structured Finance. The role will provide the individual an opportunity to be part of the formation of the RRS group for SFG working in partnership with R&R team, by providing a wide range of analytical support services that contribute to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The Associate Analyst will work within the Monitoring Team for the Covered Bonds Group in RRS- SFG. The person will be focused on the production of quarterly Performance Overview reports, contributing to the production of the Monitoring Overview reports and providing analytical and administrative assistance to the covered bond team .
The role requires a strong academic background with experience in financial and quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by the Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Analyse portfolio and loan level data provided by third parties (arrangers, originators, trustees) by applying Moody's methodologies, running structured finance tools and models.
- Identify and analyse data trends in order to provide preliminary credit conclusions.
- Prepare data for the lead analysts in R&R, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and escalating issues for deeper credit reviews by R&R/senior staff when necessary. Support preparation of rating recommendations to committees.
- Engage in data analysis related to research articles on sectors, transactions and performance trends.
- Covered Bond Responsibilities
- Producing performance reports, and contributing to the Monitoring Overview report.
- Completing additional ad hoc monitoring tasks as required
- Running and evaluating model results
- Maintaining and updating data for a portfolio of transactions.
- Liaising with Analysts for updates on the deal performance
- Working with transaction parties to ensure timely receipt of data
- Retrieving loan-by-loan information from existing databases as well as customers
- Reviewing model settings for existing transactions
- Testing applications and reviewing workflow tools
- Supporting the development of existing and new models and monitoring tools
- Providing administrative assistance to the covered bond team
The Structured Finance Group (SFG) reviews a wide range of securitisation structures comprising mortgage and asset-backed securities, collateralised debt obligations, credit derivatives, asset-backed commercial paper, repackaged bond and CMBS transactions.
The Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for primary and surveillance activities and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Finance, Banking, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent qualification
- Fluency in German and the ability to work in English are critical requirements. Fluency in an additional European languages may be beneficial
- Good understanding of financial markets
- Proficiency in Excel is essential
- Knowledge of Visual Basic is advantageous
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.