Associate Analyst 3 (Sub-Sovereign Group)
The Associate Analyst 3 (AA3) will conduct comprehensive analysis on an assigned portfolio of ratings/credits. The AA3 will perform holistic evaluations of credit risk by integrating credit inputs prepared by others, including Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) and external parties. In conducting credit analysis for their assigned portfolios, transactions or credit reviews, AA3s will actively participate in rating committee discussions and interact with issuers and other market participants in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
The AA3 role is integral to Moody's focus on ratings accuracy, research and market outreach. The AA3 role will focus primarily on one Line of Business (LOB), with the potential for cross-training in other LOBs. Key Responsibilities
- Performs day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach.
- Monitors relevant news events and analyses credit impact of macroeconomic and policy trends.
- Monitors credit quality and issuer and/or portfolio trends by following market developments, analyzing issuer reporting, and engaging with issuers directly for follow-up clarification and information.
- Drafts rating committee memos in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Attends rating committee meetings and is encouraged to participate, including offering analysis and opinion where appropriate.
Research & Investor Outreach
- Prepares first draft of core research e.g. credit opinions, issuer and sector comments, press releases etc. in collaboration with Lead Analysts.
- Contributes to research strategy, including idea generation and preliminary drafting.
- Attends investor briefings and issuer meetings as required; helps prepare presentation materials.
- Performs analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects .
- Operates applicable ratings and research systems and utilizes software specific to the rating group. Identifies all issues with data for follow up with Lead Analyst.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment in applying Moody's processes, documentation standards and best practices, adhering to all laws and policies.
Coaching & Guidance
- Provides clear, concise and constructive guidance in the delegation of work to FDAs, actively managing workload pipeline in order to provide sufficient time for completion. Seeks Associate Analyst Team Manager (AATM) guidance where needed to determine how to allocate work.
- Provides feedback to AATM on the quality and accuracy of work produced by FDAs, along with providing constructive and proactive feedback to FDAs.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications
- Some relevant experience, typically a Moody's employee working at this level would have 1 year of experience
- Strong candidates with less experience will be considered
- Solid quantitative skills e.g. through coursework or relevant work experience; a background or demonstrated interest in public finance would be an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and another European language e.g. German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, French, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.