- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3 - Ratings & Research Support - Sovereign
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role
The role requires a solid public finances background with strong focus in econometric and debt analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA3 role will focus primarily on Sovereign and Supranational entities but there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, in other LOBs, as part of career progression.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
The AA3 role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
- Provide analytical and research support on a portfolio of sovereign and multilateral development bank credits under the principal direction of lead analysts
- Support credit rating analysts in forecasting macroeconomics and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Contribute to fundamental credit analyses related to sovereign entities and multinational development banks to help manage the team's portfolio of ratings in Africa and the European Union
- Contribute to credit-related thematic research under overall supervision of RRS manager
- Develop, monitor and maintain analytical databases
- Support credit rating analysts in: creating graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, drafting rating committee memoranda and related documents, drafting research reports
- Build models, perform regression analysis, manage scorecards
- Periodically accompany lead analyst to issuer and investor meetings, and may lead certain issuer discussions; support lead analyst in ongoing interactions.
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks, as well as special projects as needed, under overall supervision of RRS manager
- Perform holistic analysis on certain credits in preparation for the AA2 role
The Department / Team:
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications), Master's degree preferred.
- Preferably some relevant experience in the Financial Sector, Government or Consulting; previous Macroeconomic Analysis experience
- Excellent knowledge of Macroeconomic Principles
- Solid quantitative skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is required;
- Professional knowledge of another language is beneficial ( including Russian, Italian, Spanish or another European language).
- Strong attention to detail; Highly organised and efficient; Consistently meet tight deadlines; Proactive and exercise own initiative; Work effectively and contribute within a diverse team.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.