Prominent and market leading provider of external life insurance portfolio management is keen to attract an experienced Actuary to their desk with a strong quantitative skillset. The firm has successfully completed several acquisitions of competing European Insurers. In doing so, they continue to expand in their role as a leading life insurance portfolio specialist.
This opportunity is for actuarial professionals who would like to work in a young and agile set-up. To break new ground with the innovative business model of the established insurance industry. The firm’s vision is to contribute to ensuring that life insurance remains a reliable part of private old-age provision for millions of insured persons in the future.
In terms of the culture of the organisation, it can be denoted as a dynamic, cooperative working environment fostering quick and delayered decision-making mechanism within the group.
Roles and responsibilities of the respective Actuary are listed below:
- Support the firm in all regulatory required topics for all solo companies and the group
- Independently perform validations and adequacy checks, or evaluate management rules and data quality
- Support the entity in all special topics and inquiries and are available to the Departments of Modeling and Reporting as a subject matter expert
- University degree in mathematics, preferably with an emphasis on actuarial science
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the relevant areas of quantitative risk management, Solvency II and company valuation
- Preferred experience with projection calculations and actuarial models in life insurance
- Completion of training as an actuary DAV is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, especially with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in German and English- both verbal and written