SENIOR PRICING CONSULTANT (F/M)
- nach Vereinbarung
- Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Software AG
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
When you start your career at Software AG, you will have countless opportunities to get involved personally and help Software AG lead the digital revolution. At Software AG we help organizations respond faster and smarter, innovate with momentum and create the ultimate customer experience.
Why Software AG? With more than four decades of software expertise and a global reach in 70 countries, there is no other company poised to lead the digital revolution than Software AG. Join our fast-growing technology company – inventor of the world's first Digital Business Platform – to advance your career.
The Senior Pricing Consultant will work closely with and support our sales executives and leadership to structure and approve large and complex transactions within our Enterprise level accounts. By understanding the unique customer needs, quantifying the benefits, advantages and value, he/she will significantly impact the profitability of contracts with customers through his or her output. We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- CONSULTING: Responsible for proactively asking key questions, understanding the client’s perspective, identifying the customer’s use case and the value provided as well as managing pricing expectations. The candidate will provide specific and general deal structure guidance to field sales and train sales teams on deal best practices.
- COLLABORATING: Responsible for collaborating with various organizations (Product Management & Marketing, Technology Alliances, Business Operations, Legal, Corporate Finance, etc.) on the pricing and deal structure of these complex opportunities.
- COMMUNICATING: Responsible for interfacing with senior management, including C-level, on pricing issues and material contract terms and conditions. This includes effectively communicating all aspects of the opportunity analyzed and providing recommendations to management in a concise but inclusive manner to assist with final decision making on key bids.
- NEGOTIATING: Responsible for negotiating and making decisions within given guidelines on assigned opportunities with regards to pricing and commercial matters. Negotiation responsibilities include internal negotiation with account teams and matrix organizations as well as external negotiation with client representatives.
- PRICING: Responsible for reviewing highly complex deals on behalf of management, performing business case analysis, assessing and translating the results within given guidelines and communicating the decision. Evaluation and analysis is based on customer value, profitability, competition, market trends and overall account strategy. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to assess complex inputs, knowledge of market pricing across a diverse set of products and services and the ability to make strategic decisions quickly.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Superior analytical background with strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Highly effective communication skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Deep experience in pricing strategy, sales financial analysis, business development or relevant experience in an international preferably software business environment
- Advanced degree preferred (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- Highly proactive attitude, can work under pressure
- Ability to work and coordinate with large numbers of stakeholders (senior and junior)
- Smart and creative, able to “think outside of the box”
- Team player and good sense of humor
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Excellent German and English language skills; proficiency in another language (French, Italian) is preferred
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel from time to time
Please submit your detailed application using our online application tool: jobs.softwareag.com
Telephone +49 681 210 3727