Business Operational Risk Manager
- Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany Darmstadt Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Business Operational Risk Manager
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a Business Operational Risk Manager which represents the Financial Markets business as the First Line of Defence, implements Operational Risk Framework (ORF), and supports the Groups Operational Risk strategy and associated operational risk procedures to ensure that operational risk is effectively managed at the business unit level. The BORM must focus on Financial Markets controls, governance and supervision at all times and:
- Manage the Financial Markets Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF) in country, and participate/support/provide Risk MIS and KRIs to smaller country BORFs. To also participate/support/provide Risk MIS and KRIs to the Forum. Ensure relevant business escalation path from BORF, to the Regional Operational Risk Committee (RORC) and to the Process Governance Council's (PGCs - global oversight).
- Ensure strong governance & supervision across FM.
- Be Responsible for execution of the Control Sample Testing (CST), KCSA process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards as well as facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Responsible for recording and maintaining regional risks in the risk tracking system (eORP). Responsible for ensuring the quality of information being recorded as well as ensuring data accuracy, completeness and timely resolution.
- Focus on regulations, regulatory compliance and associated controls
- Be the go-to person for the business, for all operational risk related queries that arise, and become a business 'Front to Back' subject matter expert in all products offered in the region
- Coordinate with stakeholders in country, across the regions and group, with other Global FM Operational Risk Managers and Business Managers to increase transparency and share OR experiences
- Challenge processes, procedures and policy if you think there is a better way to do things
- Support the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensure material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence per group policy.
- Contribute towards achieving no fail results on all audits and reviews undertaken
- Knowledge of Financial Markets products
- German language preferred
- Relevant business/function experience in operations, business analysis or project management
- An understanding of local rules and regulations
- An understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organizations
- The sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
CaCareer developmentIf you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.