Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
This role reports to the CDF EMEA Tech Leader and will be responsible for:
- Assessing the risk profile of both new business opportunities and existing customers on the basis of written credit reviews and recommending the relevant risk rating associated with the risk profile of the customer.
- After a qualifying period the Underwriter will operate with their own lending authority and will be required to make written recommendations to management for those deals above their own lending authority.
- The Underwriter will be required to make written recommendations and present to LOB management and WFBI credit committee
- Ensure that all required regulatory requirements and compliance training are maintained and adhered to within the required timescales.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required) Responsibilities:
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing responsibilities including strict adherence to delegated investment authorities
- Underwrites existing and new business opportunities in the Technology, Electronics & Appliances Industries, assessing the credit risk profile (i.e. financial and non-financial aspects) of both potential and existing customers as well as the in-life operational performance (where the opportunity is related to increases to existing facilities) ensuring credit facilities are correctly structured to mitigate against potential credit and operational risks.
- Assessment of all other aspects of risk including but not limited to; Documentation risk, Asset risk, Legal Risk, Compliance risk, Operational risk etc. ensuring any identified risks are either mitigated appropriately or escalated with relevant mitigation strategies and where appropriate peer-group comparisons.
- The Risk assessment will incorporate a detailed credit risk assessment (Analysis of financial statements, profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheet and review of financial forecasts) & an assessment of all other relevant credit information as applicable and operate in line with CDF's risk appetite.
- Working collaboratively supporting New Relationship Development activity with Commercial stakeholders. Co-ordination of information flow from transaction stakeholders including clients, Capital Markets team and other associates (WFBI, Legal, Finance, Operations, Treasury) as required.
- Involvement with Commercial colleagues in preparation and presentation of preliminary credit presentation or early read memos ("ERM") if deemed appropriate. Prepare and Present new business opportunities to relevant authority holders and/or committees as well as manage and administer the credit approval process for assigned transactions.
- Manage & administer initial transactional legal documentation, security registration, and AML requirements.
- Visiting customers where Risk presence is deemed appropriate due to the size or risk profile of deal
- Co-ordination of the closing of the relevant transactions ensuring handovers to Account Management with satisfaction of approval conditions finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared confirming the transaction is eligible for funding.
- Embrace CDF's Risk Management and Compliance framework in line with policies and guidelines.
- Interact with the relevant lines of defense including tracking and closing out of any audit issues.
- Deliver on risk metrics, such as Key Risk Indicators, credit reviews and Risk Operating Plan.
- Be a point of expert reference for Underwriting to provide advice and support as required in relation to CDF specific policies, processes and documentation along with general credit and risk matters
- Build awareness and experience of Credit Insurance as a key risk shield.
Market Skills and Certifications
- What's right for customers - Act with integrity and always do the right thing for the customer. Listen to all customers, anticipate their unique needs, and work in partnership to achieve their goals. Build trust and long-term relationships.
- People as a competitive advantage - Encourage well-being and celebrate success. Recognize and leverage each other's contributions and talents. Share best practices and embrace new ideas together. Develop yourself and others
- Ethics - Know what's right and do what's right; if you don't know, ask. Raise concerns and escalate early. Take accountability for all actions and decisions made. Be open, honest, and transparent.
- Diversity and inclusion - Make sure that people feel included, valued, supported, and heard. Recognize and address your own biases. Seek, accept, and encourage diversity of people and thought.
- Leadership - Inspire, engage, influence, and lead by example. Proactively seek, give, and apply feedback. Engage in courageous conversations. Make decisions with a One Wells Fargo view
- Degree Educated, ideally with a qualification in business finance or economics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs.
- Demonstrable experience in credit and risk management (i.e. credit, legal and assets), preferably in a regulated and fast-paced commercial finance environment.
- Able to work towards tight deadlines and to consistently meet objectives/targets.
- Readily able to adapt to using business tools to support role e.g. Salesforce, Business Objects.
- Able to build rapport and to develop relationships various internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Fluency in both oral and written English (if non-native speaker).
- Strong team player/self-starter.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.