Junior Sales Manager
- Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany Düsseldorf Nordrhein-Westfalen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
An exciting opportunity for a junior candidate to join Wells Fargo's Commercial Distribution Finance business in Dusseldorf. The Junior Sales Manager will be responsible for establishing relationships with clients across the DACH countries.
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The Junior Regional Sales Manager (following “RSM”) will report to the Country Sales Leader for Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF).
The primary role of the RSM will be signing & activating new dealers and managing in-life relationships with dealers in DACH to deliver financial targets. In addition the RSM will also be responsible for the day to day relationship with our manufacturer customers as appropriate whilst maintaining strong contact with colleagues across Europe to cross refer business opportunities.
From time to time, as required, there will be a need to meet with new vendor customer targets, supporting the Country Sale Leader and NRD team with developing new relationships across industries
- Identify key priority dealers across the relevant market to bring onto the program
- Ensure full understanding of dealers credit line requirements in conjunction with manufacturer partner
- Conduct detailed financial overview with priority dealers to support risk decision process
- Be able to understand manufacturer sales forecasts /plans to ensure alignment with dealer credit line needs across industries and countries
- Optimize pan-European program structures for dedicated manufacturers in terms of dealer/manufacturer needs, pricing and risk reward.
- Negotiate and document program term changes and implement them.
- Be able to negotiate appropriate forms of security to meet credit line needs
- Maintain strong visibility to dealers and Vendor sales personnel through attendee at trade association events, dealer events, vendor meetings
- Meet with customer manufacturers, to discuss network strategy, portfolio performance, volume and assets versus plan.
- Prepare dealer credit submissions accurately and in timely manner
- Be prepared to socialize deals across risk, operations and service & delivery (S&D) teams - facilitate cross-functional support with Risk, Pricing and S&D to keep dealer and vendor lines open.
- Maintain high credibility internally by demonstrating strong commercial, financial and operational skills
- Able to challenge decisions using data in a professional manner
- Be a team player across the industries and country functional teams
- Provide updates to marketing team on competitor activity at product and pricing level
- Support the pan-European business on projects as required
Market Skills and Certifications
- A good knowledge of / passion for the CDF industries like Recreational Vehicles / Caravan Industry, Marine, Motor Cycle or Construction equipment
- Excellence in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- First experience and a track record of achieving sales targets in a fast moving commercial finance environment
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and work in an organized manner
- Able to work under tight schedules and consistently meet objectives
- Ability to travel mainly in Germany
- Ability to interface with various internal functions and internally/externally at a business level
- Native German languages skills and strong fluency in English, knowledge of French would be an additional asset
- Strong team player/self-motivated
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements