Actively manage risks for the energy (gas) trading business in close cooperation with the trading desks.
Leading energy company provides a reliable supply of both traditional energy and renewable energy. They thrive to drive the energy turnaround combining electricity, heat, telecommunication, and mobility. By optimizing their entire energy portfolio and offering a wild range of services to their partners and clients, they are making innovation happening in everyday life.
The office is based in northern Germany. Working remotely is possible with a minimum of 2 days per week in the office (exceptions are possible under specific circumstances).
Current set up: 11 members, focusing separately on Power/ Gas/ P&G Long Term Trading, Short Term Trading, Modeling, Trading Systems and Algorithmic Trading.
Reason for Vacancy:
Existing team member gets promoted internally.
- You actively manage risks for the energy trading business in close cooperation with the trading desks
- Within the Risk Management team, you are the main contact and responsible for all gas-related issues
- You take a leading role in the strategic improvement and development of their trading system ENDUR as the Endur Product Owner
- You are involved in designing, developing, enhancing and maintaining our quantitative models and methods
- You evaluate new trading strategies, complex products and assess complex contracts such as gas swings and storages and are responsible for other ad-hoc analyses
- You are collaborating closely with the Front Office and the Analysis Team, Back Office, Trading IT and stakeholders within the Group
- Market risk reports, report enhancements and maintenance are ensured by you and your colleagues
- A degree in economics, business administration, mathematics, business mathematics, business information systems or an equivalent experience in the energy-, finance or insurance sector
- You are an expert in the energy business, German Commodity Market, Gas is a big plus. Also open to CO2, Power, LnG, TTF. NOTE: If you are good in Gas, but you don`t know your way around in the TTF market, that would suffice.
- Risk Management background preferred. If you are a Gas Analyst from a Trading desk, this will be a viable option as well
- You are proficient in the ETRM system ENDUR (in 6 weeks’ time the new Endur set up will be launched)
- Good skillsets in modelling, implementing and applying stochastic models within the energy, finance or comparable sectors (e.g. VaR, PaR, fair values, etc.) will be a plus. NOTE: The quantitative aspect of modelling is not too important, there is no need to implement it – there will be two other team members covering that space. If you know pricing valuation in Energy, that suffices
- Good programming and reporting skills, preferably in Python and PowerBI, is an advantage
- You are eager to learn new skills, improve upon your existing proficiencies and can break down complex topics into digestible portions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English. German is a PLUS, not a MUST
- You are a reliably team player and can also work on your own
- Despite being a relatively large company, they are flexible and agile with a specific focus on geography
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture that encourages learning and personal development through mentoring, training courses, and one-on-one coaching sessions
- Having the main responsibility and for the trading system (also strategically)
- Become the Endur Product Owner
- Ability to be promoted to Group Lead or Lead Expert
- Recently implemented state of the art IT trading platform
- Room to make a footprint and an impact
- Deep insights about the energy industry, providing specialization and a steep learning curve, high growth path, coupled with monetary increase
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits, such as company pension, health insurance, and above market rate bonus structure
Open, competitive, transparent, honest, with a flat hierarchical structure, multi-disciplinary teams, and a work environment that encourages transparent communication and entrepreneurial thinking, which makes it an attractive employer for ambitious talent.
To attract motivated talent who are keen to explore and to keep up with new technologies, make an impact on business, and continuously grow with the company in a dynamic environment.
In case you are intrigued, or you wish to have a discrete call, please contact Boudewijn Vellinga under firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 (0) 85 485 32 88 (landline) or +31 (0)6 1224 3196 (mobile).
We’d rather have a dialogue to explain more, than for you to conclude it might not be a fit.