Senior Risk Manager - Germany
- Berlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Funding Circle
- 18 Feb 19
What will you be doing as our Senior Risk Manager for Germany? This is a senior leadership position and critical to Funding Circle’s growth in the German Market. Reporting to our Continental Chief Risk Officer, you will lead and grow our Risk team and have full ownership over the credit strategies used to increase the growth of our platform.
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
- Manage our portfolio in Germany with ownership over its improvement and growth whilst also inputting to global risk initiatives.
- Drive our credit performance using advanced analytics and be aware of the benefits of a data driven approach. This may mean challenging ideas to ensure we are using the most effective strategy.
- Have accountability for credit infrastructure projects such as using decision tools and data dictionaries.
- Ensure that our credit performance is in line with investor expectations. An important part of your job will be to keep our investors well informed of any changes to our process that may affect their returns. You will be able to demonstrate to them the attractive returns they can expect by their continued investment in our platform, and the growth of the entrepreneurs they are supporting.
- Lead and grow a team providing both management and mentorship, this will include performance reviews, training and helping to grow the team as we expand. We are looking for someone who can lead with a clear vision yet have an open and flexible approach.
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves to fragment complex issues into key deliverables and steer towards success.
- Liaise with our data vendors such as credit bureaus to ensure we are getting the most from the data they provide.
- Partner with senior managers from other business areas and geographies, and have the ability to influence change in an inclusive and engaging way.
We are looking for?
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with strong communication; you can rally people around a vision and create a culture of success. Prior experience in a management role is essential.
- Experience managing a portfolio of risk and implementing credit strategies to grow that portfolio.
- Experience in either small business lending or consumer banking.
- Experience using analytical solutions to improve credit strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think conceptually about a problem, you can drill into complex numerical assumptions and derive business opportunities.
- Modelling skills are not required for this role but as you will be working alongside Data Scientists, an understanding of statistics would be highly beneficial.
- Experience looking at operational risk and an understanding of the factors that affect this.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and think big picture, whilst also being comfortable with a more hands on approach as the team grows.
What we offer
- The chance to help us build the world’s leading online lending company across multiple countries
- An international team of very motivated and talented people who work together in an environment where hierarchies don't matter but passion and drive do
- The opportunity to contribute your ideas, show initiative and help us change the financial world
- You will be part of a key department and will have a significant impact on its development, locally and globally
- Generous stock options
If this role sounds of interest to you – please apply today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on age, gender, religion, nationality, gender expression, disability or anything else that makes you who you are.