We are The Mobile Bank
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do. N26
is Europe's first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing's Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures. Once here you will
What you will bring along
- Drive the development of highly scalable Data Warehouse and Data Lake at N26.
- Work closely with data analysts/data scientists and other groups to support them with various tasks and implement new ETL pipelines.
- Dive into the company's data to analyze it, find patterns and play around in other ways.
What We Offer
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields
- Strong knowledge of big data technologies and frameworks (Spark, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Drill, Impala, Presto, etc.).
- Experience with AWS EMR will be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL. You could probably write a tutorial on it.
- Fluency in Python. People love to read your well-commented code.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would love.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency.
- Excited to work with groundbreaking technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal development budget
- Subsidized Transit Pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we'll get back to you soon.