Principal, Global Growth VC Shaping the Future of the Food Ecosystem, Berlin, Germany
Our client is a global growth investor that focuses on fast-growing companies. With a global reach, they have a specialised investment focus, looking at companies innovating and disrupting the food & beverage industry. They invest in companies focused on sustainability and innovation throughout the entire food value chain. By leveraging the knowledge of some of the most experienced experts in the industry the team empowers innovators to disrupt the food ecosystem. They are looking to hire a Principal who would have a development path towards Managing Director. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capitalising on your strong, existing international network within food investment and adjacent areas, or alternatively you demonstrate a clear ability to develop this within your first year. Detailed understanding and analysis of the food ecosystem to ensure the investment thesis constantly evolves and adapts in this dynamic environment
- As deal captain and part of the senior executive team, you are responsible for the whole transaction process, including qualitative and quantitative investment analysis, deal structuring and negotiation through to closing
- You will work actively with the portfolio companies, where required, taking on board positions to support the management teams and drive value creation and growth
- You will lead by example and guide a diverse, independent, empowered and smart team
- You have first class analytical and financial skills with a strong investment track record gained within a venture capital fund, a corporate venture vehicle or family office.
- Experience in sourcing early- or late-stage deals across Europe and globally as well as realized exits or proven value creation achieved within existing investments. You are an independent, pro-active networker with a down-to-earth attitude.
- You display a strong passion for technology, the food sector and early/ growth stage investing. Operational experience in this sector is advantageous.
- You bring meaningful operational insight acquired through active board participation. With humility and emotional intelligence, you are a strong communicator across diverse stakeholder groups.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with sharp commercial judgement and a clear passion for (sustainable) value creation.
- As a natural and trustworthy leader, you are respected by colleagues, your network and founders. You create and nurture an environment of belonging and understanding, where teams work together and support each other.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and German; additional language skills are a plus.