Job Description: Deutsche Bank Technology in Berlin
DB Technology is a global team of tech specialists, spread across multiple trading hubs and tech centers. We have a strong focus on promoting technical excellence - our engineers work at the forefront of financial services innovation using cutting-edge technologies. Our Berlin location is our most recent addition to our global network of tech centers and growing strongly. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and creating excellent opportunities for talented engineers and technologists. Core Trading Technology
Deutsche Bank actively develops its electronic trading capabilities for Fixed Income and Currencies business. It includes full front-to-back technological stack:
- physical, exchange-collocated and cloud infrastructure,
- algo and order management frameworks, pricing components, trading algorithms,
- connectivity to markets around the globe,
- sophisticated UIs for end users and many other.
Group focuses on pricing, algo- and order-management systems, development and expansion of low latency trading strategies.
As a Lead Java developer you will work on a full life cycle of a product, from architecture design to implementation and level 3 production support. Primary focus will be on latency sensitive and high throughput Java-based backend components.
We are currently using Java 11, Informatica ULL messaging, FIX, ProtoBuf, Spring IoC, KDB. We are open to new technologies serving to our platform's needs. If you are a technologist and have a strong and appealing view on technology which can solve a problem welcome to join and share your knowledge. Your key responsibilities
Your skills and experiences
- Working on business and functional requirements, solving challenging technical problems, c ontributing to the definition of the future state of the system architecture.
- Develop functionality within our electronic trading estate based on provided business requirements. Code, code, code.
- Reviewing other team member's code and mentoring junior developers. Be ready to lead development team.
- Be ready to become product owner and mediator between development group and system's stakeholders.
- Collaborating with QA team on test automation and with Dev Ops on continues SDLC and environment management improvements.
What we offer
- Excellent knowledge of core Java (collections, multi-threading, networking)
- Good knowledge of algorithms and complexity, knowledge of Linux, messaging solutions and application level protocols
- Working experience in performance optimisation of multi-threaded, loaded low-latency Java applications, is a plus
- Working experience in fintech industry, familiarity with electronic trading problem domain, working experience as development team leading, is a plus
- Good written and spoken English
- Competitive salary and benefits , including 30 days of holiday
- Hybrid model of remote work and office days
- Working at the forefront of financial services technology at scale!
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Sofya Veselkova.
Contact: Sofya Veselkova +49(69)91042991
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.