Junior IT/Security Engineer (f/m/div)
For you it's a leap in your career, with us it's the future of finance.
Founded in Berlin in 2014, finleap is Europe's number one Fintech ecosystem. We are renowned for our fast execution in building successful, innovative and market-changing Fintech companies. Combining entrepreneurial execution, technological capabilities and diverse talent from over 55 different countries, finleap continuously challenges the status quo to reshape the way technology impacts the financial market. With 14 established ventures and new ones being launched each year, we have a wide variety of opportunities.
Maximizing the safety of our innovative ventures, you'll play a key role in ensuring that both finleap and our companies are secure from threats both now and in the future. Working closely with our cyber security team, this is an exciting opportunity for a Junior IT/Security Engineer (f/m/div)
to join us at a key phase in our business as we become more commercially savvy - and cyber secure! What will keep you challenged?
Requirements What will make you succeed?
- Maintaining secure operating system baselines for Windows, Mac and Linux machines
- Purchase and setup equipment following our security configuration requirements
- Implementing secure configurations for cloud services, including email services, infrastructure-as-a-service platforms and more
- Maintaining cloud infrastructure on an ongoing basis
- Serving as the first point of contact to resolve IT issues with our employees
- Investigating alerts from our security tools
- Performing basic security scanning and supporting security assessments as needed
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and technology, putting finleap at the forefront of the latest advancements in the cyber security world
- Experience acting as an IT technician or system administrator
- Solid understanding of Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems
- A strong interest in security aspects of IT technology, and in learning new security skills
- A hands-on, proactive attitude, happy to take the lead in challenging situations
- A people-oriented and helpful character, passionate about finding solutions
- The curiosity to find innovative new ways of solving traditional security challenges, rather than relying only on conventional solutions
- Fluent in English
- The opportunity to help an entire ecosystem of fintech companies build a culture of security, and to help protect them from cyber attacks
- Strong opportunity to grow both IT and security skills, while working with a great team
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you'll be working across multiple organisations with a diverse workforce of 55+ nationalities
- A creative and progressive work environment which is responsive to employee ideas and input - we're in the business of disruption!
- You'll be joining a major player in Berlin's famous start-up scene... and we're only just getting started