Internship Data Procurement
- €1530 gross monthly
- Berlin, Germany
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
ISS is seeking a talented and self-motivated data intern for the winter/spring of 2018. The Data Procurement intern will assist ISS' corporate governance analysts with data procurement, agenda coding and voting analytics of the annual general meetings of publicly traded companies. This internship is remunerated (€ 1530 gross monthly) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
Count yourself in.
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are truly a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
• Learn in practice the function of the corporate governance and gain an understanding of its technical terminology.
• Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
• Expand your know-how in the corporate governance industry, and contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
• Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
• Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
ISS is seeking a talented and self-motivated data intern for the winter/spring of 2018. The Data Procurement intern will assist ISS' corporate governance analysts with data procurement, agenda coding and voting analytics of the annual general meetings of publicly traded companies.
As a Data Procurement intern, you will become an integral part of the team with the crucial role of helping deliver data and research on shareholder meetings of listed companies. The internships coincide with the so-called “proxy voting season”, i.e. when most listed companies convene their annual shareholder meetings.
• Procure meetings materials (agendas , proxy cards , annual reports ) from companies and process the meetings in our bespoke software
• Procure voting results from meetings and enter into our bespoke software
• Learn how to 'code' the procured meeting materials into a standard format for our clients
• Engage with companies in order to obtain all required information
• Act as a support for all other internal departments with regards to all questions related to companies, meetings etc.
• A relevant bachelor degree in law, political sciences, economics, business or finance or in the process of obtaining such a degree.
• A good eye for detail with strong analytical and numeracy ability
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player
• An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines
• Fluent (both spoken and written) English and French
This internship is remunerated (€ 1530 gross monthly) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1101/internship---data-procurement/job by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration.
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes