Head of Controlling & Business Analysis (f/m/d)
- Keine Angabe
- Berlin, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- moovel Group GmbH (REACH NOW)
- 18 Mar 19
Hi, I am Johannes, the CFO of moovel and together with the Controlling & Business Analysis team I am looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Head of Controlling & Business Analysis. The daily goal of the team is to pursue the team vision to be the architects driving economic success and sustainability through transparency. To accomplish that, working on controlling, management and shareholder reporting, global planning as well as business case evaluations is key. In order to further increase our impact, we really need YOU - as the new Team Lead!
FIRST A QUICK LOOK AT US
Daimler AG and BMW Group are bundling their mobility services in the areas of Carsharing, Ride-Hailing, Parking, Charging and Multimodal Platforms, and create a new global player comprising of five joint ventures. moovel Group is joining forces with ReachNow - and becomes REACH NOW
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions. We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture and fun at work. moovel is part of a large global corporation, but at the heart of it we still are a start-up. We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and mobility service providers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 250 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations - Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
HOW THE TEAM WORKS
As a team, we are strongly concentrating on state-of-the-art controlling and external shareholder reporting which includes insights into our global operations in Europe and the US. We are leading the global operative planning which includes also evaluation of business cases e.g. for new products or city launches – an area particularly important to scale up operations and increase internationalisation. In addition, we provide our management detailed analysis (on revenue, costs and KPIs) to help them take the right decisions.
Your team is especially responsible for the controlling of the multimodal vertical. Furthermore your team will be in charge for consolidated reporting of the individual business units (verticals) to the Joint Venture management board.
We are looking for someone to partner with, who joins and leads us on this journey, who not only knows how to set controlling standards and create professional presentations, but also someone who is organised, empathetic, empowering and whom we can fully trust.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO
Breaking down concrete tasks for this position is not that easy, but that's what makes it so exciting. Here are some things we want to entrust you right away:
- Lead the team professionally in all strategic and operational responsibilities.
- Deliver complete and transparent shareholder reporting and internal reporting to various stakeholders (including management). Take responsibility for the budgeting process, resource planning and steering, business case evaluations and global planning.
- Lead various projects, develop new business ideas, understand our short- and long-term priorities and help to balance in accomplishing both whenever possible, act as entrepreneur.
- Execute and/or delegate tasks as requested, expedite follow-ups and ensure that all contents will be available and delivered on time.
- Conduct deep analysis and apply problem-solving, conceptual and strategic thinking skills to further develop moovel and our products.
- Lead introduction of automated financial and KPI reporting and monitor on JV level by matching information from newly introduced ERP systems to information required as part of the reporting package.
- You have at least 3-5 years experience in Controlling and Financial Reporting.
- You have a masters degree in business or economics, or similar field and strong analytical skills
- You have already experience in a leadership role, a hands-on mentality and a strong team orientation.
- You are able to condense complex topics into easy-to-understand presentations for different target audiences (including management or shareholders).
- You should be open to learn working with new systems (e.g. on the reporting, data visualisation, controlling side) and be able to work in a rapid changing startup environment.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
- You show a structured approach to work, diligence as well as high motivation and you keep your sense of humor even in stressful times.
- Knowledge of the mobility landscape, competitive situation and industry trends would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with ERP systems, tools for data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio) or analytics (e.g. conducting CLV analysis) are a plus
- Choose your own hardware
- Working with newest technologies & microservices
- Company pension plan
- Free breakfast, coffee & fresh fruits
- Mobility allowance
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team of experts
- Working on products with a high impact on society
- International teams
- Child care allowance
- Flexible working hours
In summary, we are looking for a pioneer who loves working on digital products with impact and who enjoys leading a motivated and challenging team with a modern leadership style! If this letter catches you and you are more than ready for this challenge - we definitely want to meet you. Because what we can tell you is that a really exciting journey lies ahead of us.
We are more than ready to meet you! Apply now by using the 'Apply' button.
Johannes and the Controlling & Business Analysis team
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact
+49 711 219 53941.