On our path to becoming the world's favorite way to shop, we're assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We're in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, and fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open, and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you'll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Klarna and your work will reach millions of users. Location:
Flexible - we are looking for someone who can join us in one of our Office Locations in Europe About this role
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- We are looking for a Disaster Recovery Manager that will work closely with our Risk Control and IT Governance teams.
- You will work as a global process stakeholder of Disaster Recovery, across our markets, and collaborate with your colleagues in Germany, US, UK and Sweden - with a base in one of our office locations within Europe.
- You like to plan, drive and deliver your work with a high level of autonomy, maintaining close stakeholder relations within Engineering, Product and Risk teams. You can work with auditors and explain engineering design and disaster recovery metrics in a way they can understand.
- To be successful in this role, you should have relevant experience within Disaster Recovery management (or an operational risk function), ideally within the financial services sector.
Nice to have
- A good understanding of disaster recovery management best practices, particularly when operating in a regulated industry.
- An outgoing personality, with a specific eye for customer needs.
- An understanding of IT architecture in the cloud, ideally with AWS specifically.
- You have a pragmatic view on control and strive for continuous improvements.
What we offer: Diversity & Community
- You have experience with financial services regulated by European Banking Association or the Swedish Financial Services Authority
- You are a star in organizing campaigns and events.
- Enjoy a dynamic, changing, and inspiring work atmosphere
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success. Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We're organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space. Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we're on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone's different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up! Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks-we've got you covered. About Klarna
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.