Universal Music is the market leader of the music business. The world’s most famous music labels belong to us. Universal Music Group is a subsidiary of Vivendi, a global acting media- and communication company.
Based in Berlin, you are part of a team that bridges between the regional executive team and the various management teams across 15+ countries under the Central Europe umbrella. Financial responsibilities of your role include analysing and evaluating OpCo performance, while Strategic responsibilities aim at business growth and development. You report to the Senior Director of Finance & Strategy Central Europe and work closely with the management team of Central Europe.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Finance & Strategy Central Europe (m/f/d).
- Analyse & coordinate the forecasting and planning process (incl. top-down planning, mgmt. meetings, financial roll-up, presentation materials for executive discussions)
- Regular financial review of OpCo financials to assess financial performance and outlook, and ensure integrity of the financial statements
- Standardise workflows and analysis across the region and collaborate on centrally developed solutions
- Define and conduct financial benchmarkings across territories
- Review key artist deal proposals and prepare materials for management discussions
- Perform competitive & market analyses aimed at understanding the evolution and growth areas of the (music) entertainment & tech industries
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisitions, investments, and other strategic growth opportunities
- Manage buy-side M&A deals (incl. due diligences, strategic- & financial evaluation)
- You have 3+ years of experience in either Investment Banking, M&A Advisory, Top Tier Consulting, Private Equity, Venture Capital, or Corporate Development
- You have a bachelor's degree preferably in business, economics, law or other related fields. CPA / MBA experience is a plus
- You have superior analytical, problem solving, and financial modelling skills and can apply those in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments
- You are very strong in evaluating business opportunities and presenting your findings in a highly structured manner
- You have profound financial accounting knowledge and can assess the operational performance of a business based on its financial statements
- You have proficiency in financial systems (i.e. Hyperion Financial Management / Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC Planning), or are open to develop it
- You speak English fluently and are at least proficient in German
Your abilities and personality:
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity around the (music) entertainment industry and its intersection with tech and entrepreneurship
- You are communicative, a strong team player, and able to build relationships quickly across all organizational levels
- You feel comfortable with a diverse and creative environment, are self-motivated and want to take on significant responsibilities
And that’s how we are:
- We are a team with a constant desire to advance the Universal Music project and to venture into new territory
- In our business it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- We love to communicate openly across all hierarchies
- Diversity and tolerance - human and musical - are important to us
We are looking forward to your application!
Please send your complete application stating the earliest date you could start and your desired salary by uploading your cover letter, CV and references as files (max. 10 MB per file).