Test Specialist - Trade knowledge
- Good rate for the right profile
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Contract, Full time
- 15 May 19
A nice long term opportunity for a Test specialist to join a market leader in the financial industry.You will mainly work on manual testing on various new and on going projects
This role is for a Test Specialist to join the team in collaboration with business analysts, software developers and support teams. You will be required to contribute to functional testing and some automated testing
Your Key responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Business Analyst team, Developement teams and other testers to define and enhance a hierarchical library of test cases for the trade platform
- Work within a test campaign to execute agreed tests either automatically using the team's automated testing framework or other application components and a suite of complementary tools.
- Accurate recording and reporting of test results at a detailed level with a clear audit trail or at executive summary level suitable for managers and other colleagues.
- Logging of descriptive defects which allow others to recreate issues and identify solutions.
- Identify opportunities for the system testability to be enhanced and generate specifications for the relevant development team
Candidate profile/Key skills
- Awareness of derivative trade life-cycle and typical issues which will affect batch and intraday trade processing and risk systems.
- Experience in a trade enviornment (not necessairly front office) of a financial institution as well as exposure to technology/change management teams.
- Appreciation of the difference between testing against system specifications and regression testing
- Demonstrated ability to review business requirements and system specifications and define functional test cases which test main day to day flows as well as potential edge cases not identified pre-implementation.
- Able to differentiate and organise the execution of integration and end-to-end functional tests
- Desire to have manual tasks automated in order to improve efficiency of testing process and improve time to market.
- Experienced with test tools such Quality Centre and JIRA
- SQL skills suitable for querying extensive Oracle databases.
- Proactive, self starter, good communication skills and able to escalate effectively without management intervention
- Ideally fluent in English and French speaking