Technical Implementation Consultant
Company Overview FactSet acquired Vermilion Software Limited and Bisam Technologies, two leading providers in the financial services industry that includes client reporting & communications and integrated, multi-asset portfolio analytics, including performance and attribution, market risk analysis, portfolio construction and GIPS composites management.
Many of the world's largest buy-side firms use Bisam and Vermilion products to evaluate and enhance their investment strategies and better service their clients, while maintaining high levels of security, transparency, process control and operational scale.
We need smart and enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
We offer a fast-paced and challenging environment where you will team with other talented people to implement our products at the best investment firms in the world.
Department Overview The Performance & Reporting Professional Services team is the authority for successful implementations of our Bisam and Vermilion solutions.
Our consultants work closely with our customers to understand their functional and technical requirements as well as their organizational processes. Our goal is to deliver successful implementations while building a strong relationship based on trust with our customers.
We always operate as a team and take collective responsibility for the success of each implementation.
Job Opportunity We are looking for a Technical Consultant to reinforce our French team.
The position is based in Paris with potential travels in EMEA.
Responsibilities Implement our Vermilion and Bisam products by running all activities of the projects, including:
- Technical installation
- Product setup & configuration
- Data analysis & data process setup
- Bespoke treatments development
- Design report components
- Workflow definition and process automation
- Change management & operational model definition
- Project documentation
- Provide support, training and expertise to our clients and internal teams
- Apply and contribute to our domain best practices
- Curious & Open-minded
- Team player
- Ability to work cross-functionality with various business and IT teams
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in both English and French
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good level of understanding relational databases, systems design, data management and extraction
- Knowledge of SQL (Oracle, SQL Server), willingness to design/write/optimize queries and procedures
- Knowledge of Linux, Unix and Windows server environments, willingness to write shell scripts
- Knowledge in Excel VBA Macro development
- Familiarity with Java technologies
- Experience in asset management, in client reporting or performance measurement is a plus
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance or other related scientific or technical discipline.