Senior Over The Counter / OTC Derivatives Business Analyst m/f/d, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
For our State Street Global Services Team in Paris we are looking for an business analyst experienced in trade mapping and processing, with in-depth knowledge of Derivatives to support our Derivatives Centre of Excellence EMEA. The perfect candidate will be eager to work within the change management department to perform detailed analysis of business and client requirements and liaise with the business groups and external parties. The role requires to demonstrate experience working with middle and back office derivatives processing to define detailed requirements and work alongside technical resources to build technical solutions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Senior OTC Derivatives Business Analyst you will
What we value
- Interface with clients, operations, IT, project management, and other internal and external third-party system owners, being equally at ease discussing business requirements in detail, exhibiting a strong understanding of financial products, business controls and technical issues and will be able to lead solution discovery
- Direct efforts cross-functionally and use good understanding of business systems, financial industry, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support projects through their life cycle, with the emphasis on the analysis stage
- Direct the gathering of business/system requirements by facilitating user meetings, interviewing users, and researching and resolving issues
- Make judgments on gathered analysis information, using flowcharting and other methodologies, lead the analysis of current processes
- Be ready to assume overall responsibility for and follow up of the project execution until the product is implemented and utilized
- Prepare, review, manage and monitor detailed requirements and related documentation, monitor project planning and management
- Utilize expert level of knowledge of project implementation and user needs
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of problems on the organization and facilitate collaboration to achieve resolutions
- Use a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework
- Model and analyze business processes and assist the business in identifying ways to maximize operational efficiencies, quality and compliance
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Self-initiative, responsiveness and influencing
About State Street What we do.
- Successfully completed Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Around seven or more years' experience as a business analyst or Derivatives Subject Matter Expert
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products strongly preferred
- Understanding of Change Management
- Expertise in Derivatives Centre of Excellence; comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating models
- Expertise in corporate committees and initiatives
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence
- MS Office Products, Macro/VBA knowledge preferred
- Full proficiency in English, additional European language e.g. French beneficial
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers