Product Specialists have a strategic role in the commercial success of a fund and works hand in hand with the PMs, sales and market intelligence team. The team is an in-house expert thanks to its excellent technical understanding of the funds and their strategies, financial markets and client needs.
The “Senior Fixed Income Product Specialist” will be responsible for the messages throughout the fixed income range as well as certain mixed asset funds. They shall meet directly with clients as part of the promotion of the funds.
They shall be in charge of coordinating a team of 4 people to cover the 7 fixed income funds as well as the 3 allocation funds of the range. This will bring synergies between the different areas of expertise (Global Macro, EM, Europe, Credit etc ...).
Amongst other duties, the successful applicant will:
- Responsible for product positioning, according to clients’ needs and competitors’ analysis
- Engage with clients to promote funds
- Guarantee consistency and accuracy of the funds message among all internal actors
- Develop the key selling points and messages based on the value proposition of the products
- Conduct product internal training
- Build client Pitch and answers client feedbacks
- Contribute actively in raising assets, monitor team activity and results
- Deep understanding of clients' needs, work closely with sales to gain knowledge
- Attend investment discussions, listening to daily investment committees
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position or fund management/fund selection environment, ideally gained in a previous product specialist/fund management or fund selector role, compulsorily in the Fixed income universe
- Excellent understanding of the fund management industry (all asset classes, philosophy and process and financial technical instruments), and be able to communicate it internally and externally
- Exceptional organizational skills – be able to manage different deadlines and priorities from different sources and ensure timeliness of delivery
- Proactive nature – to be able to anticipate future requirements, and also determine information which may be of interest to distribution channels
- Excellent knowledge of Asset Management client segments
- Strong written skills, numeracy and creativity
- Strong communication skills– to be able to communicate and adapt the investment messages to a range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills – to be able to build good relationships with PS team, fund management team and sales team, and to integrate quickly with the highly professional team which is already in place
- A thorough knowledge of key competition and the competitive environment
- Fluent in English a MUST HAVE + other language
- The CFA is desirable